Merry Electronics is currently looking to hire a Field Applications Engineer (EE FAE). The FAE is responsible for all technical aspects of collaborating with customers to solve electrical design challenges to meet customer needs, marketing our capability/technology, and ensuring the positive customer experience.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with customers to identify requirements to meet customer specifications.
- Be an integral part of the customer’s design cycle by being involved in every stage of new product development and planning.
- Review manufacturing designs, proposals, and presentations to ensure they address customer designs, engineering, and manufacturing requirements.
- Prepare and clearly present design proposals to customers.
- Be an advocate for the customer; collaborate to solve their problems together.
- Work closely with internal engineering teams to ensure that they are meeting the customers’ needs and be a liaison between Merry and our customers.
- Work with cross-functional groups of acoustic, mechanical, and tooling engineers, quality control, and supply chain management teams to assess and communicate manufacturing issues and risks spanning from pre-prototype to mass production build phases.
- Interpret 2D and 3D engineering drawings as well as FAI and Cpk statistical process capability analysis.
- Drive day-to-day project activities to meet overall project objectives and deliverables.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- ~25% travel internationally to support customer visits at Merry manufacturing sites.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in EE-related is required.
- 2+ years of engineering, project management, or related experience in electronic consumer device or ODM/OEM industry.
- Quick learner, responsible, and ability to be self-managed.
- Strong customer focus and interaction - strong interpersonal relationship/customer skills.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) with emphasis on being able to effectively listen to, present information, and respond to questions from customers and colleagues.
- Broad engineering abilities and understanding of mechanical and manufacturing/industrial engineering disciplines. Tooling and injection molding knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Mandarin Chinese.
- Proficient with SolidWorks, UG NX, and/or Pro/E.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Ability to travel internationally to support customer visits at Merry manufacturing sites.
ABOUT MERRY ELECTRONICS
A Leading Manufacturer of Total Electroacoustic Solutions
As a world-leading manufacturer of electroacoustic products, Merry was established in 1975 and specializes in the design and manufacturing of earphones, headsets, speakers, microphones, batteries, and assistive listening devices for mobile communication, multimedia, and entertainment, accessory, smart homes, medical, and healthcare.
Keen on Integrating 4 Core Competencies: Electroacoustics, Software, Wireless, and Battery Solutions
Merry provides global brands with custom one-stop professional service covering development, design, and manufacturing of precision components and products. Headquartered in Taiwan, Merry Electronics has 11 worldwide locations in China, USA, Singapore, and Thailand.
Building Extraordinary Sound for Global Brands
Specializing in electroacoustics for over four decades, Merry Electronics puts all its effort into the sound of communication, multimedia, entertainment, and smart life. Alongside science and engineering, electroacoustics requires art to present a merry sound. With visionary advanced technologies and profound expertise, Merry Electronics builds the ultimate "art" of sound for global customers.
With the rise of robots, the Internet of Things, and wearables, new-generation electroacoustic products will play an ever critical role as a man-machine interface (MMI) to bring more comprehensive concepts and applications to everyday life. As such, Merry Electronics will continue its vision to "Deliver excellent sound to enrich human life".
Job Type: Full-time