The Project Engineer will collaborate with and assist the project team on various new construction, tenant improvement or other addition/restoration projects as noted below.
· Collaborates with project Superintendent in the creation and monitoring of the Master Project Schedule and Recovery Schedules as required.
· Collaborates with the Project Manager with the due diligence and preconstruction activities with regards to purchase of the property and required activities associated with Site Plan Approval process.
· Assist the Project Manager with discovery of and completing necessary municipal and public utility applications, collaborate with the Design Team and subcontractors as required.
· Facilitates and contributes to the creation and updating of Submittal Logs, Material Status Reports, RFI Logs and Close Out Logs.
· Request, review and keep current subcontractor Certificates of Insurance and W-9 forms.
· Assist the project Superintendent in writing, issuing, distributing and tracking RFI’s.
· Assist the project Superintendent in soliciting, receiving, reviewing, tracking and distributing subcontractor submittals.
· Assist the Project Manager with setting up bid lists, creating bid packages, distribution of bid packages to the subcontractors, follow-up with subcontractors, receipt of proposals and review and qualifying proposals.
· Assist the Project Manager with the subcontractor Post Bid reviews and distribution of Post Bid documents.
· Assist the Project Manager and Project Superintendent with the subcontractor buyout and
· Assist the Project Manager and Project Superintendent with project meetings and meeting minutes.
· Assist the Project Manager and Project Superintendent with Punchlist creation, distribution and tracking.
· Assist the Project Manager and Project Superintendent with the Close Out process, including, but not limited to collecting Subcontractor Warranties, Additional Equipment Warranties, As-builts, Operation and Maintenance Manuals, Care and Cleaning Manuals, Attic Stock turnover and Owner Training.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent budgeting and cost containment skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in related in construction or engineering discipline is recommended.
· Minimum of three years of experience as a Project Coordinator or Project Engineer, with a basic understanding of the duties and responsibilities listed.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
· Jobsite office assignments may be required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location