R&D Engineer- Remote
As part of the Keurig Dr Pepper Process Development and Manufacturing Implementation team, Engineers provide high level strategic direction for the company’s growth and lead improvements in manufacturing innovation, capacity, safety, quality, and cost. The R&D Engineer is responsible for being a technical expert across all areas of Coffee Processing and facilitating implementation of process innovations and changes across the KDP network. In this role, the individual will work on identification & implementation of innovative improvements to the Coffee Processing systems. This position partners closely with numerous internal business functions such as, Product Development, Productivity and Continuous Improvement, Quality, Supply Chain Operations, the KDP Manufacturing Sites and Co-manufacturing facilities, as well as external resources such as, equipment OEMs, Technical Consultants and Research Institutions. The Engineer in this position will be expected to provide leadership and guidance across various business functions and deep technical expertise about Coffee Processing.
What you will do:
- Work directly with Beverage Development and R&D teams to identify long-term innovative process solutions and system improvements
- Conduct research and provide expertise in the science of coffee roasting and other processing steps in continuous pursuit of innovative solutions
- Drive technical innovation of processes within coffee processing that align with corporate initiatives for product design, manufacturing, quality, productivity and continuous improvement
- Independently researches and applies the latest processing techniques and principals to solve technical problems
- Maintain strong relationships with process equipment OEMs and suppliers to support initiatives in capital planning, process changes, and improvements to deliver improved manufacturing capabilities
- Be responsible for the manufacturing implementation and commissioning of new processes and processing equipment
- Manage multiple concurrent projects and initiatives
- Partner with product development and support the commercialization of new products and product changes within the Hot Beverage network
- In this capacity the R&D Engineer will develop processing specifications and create test plans that ensure the successful delivery of processing solutions to the network.
- Be involved from product inception to final commercialization of the product to ensure a successful launch
- Act as a subject matter expert, the R&D Engineer must uphold a strong relationship and be frequently communicating with each manufacturing plant to provide technical leadership and support
- Analyze multiple categories of production data, using statistical data analysis for data-driven decision making
- The R&D Engineer will be called upon to support co-manufacturing process capability assessments.
Company Overview & EEO Statement:
- B.S. in an engineering discipline, or food science with 5+ years of experience, M.S. preferred
- Knowledge and experience with coffee processing such as roasting, grinding, flavoring, weighing, systems, blending, mixing, and powders processing
- Knowledge of design requirements related to food safety, including SQF, FDA, GMP
- Knowledge and experience with intermediate-level statistical analysis and any associated software (e.g. JMP, Excel, Minitab); Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification is a plus
- Hands-on experience with process installations, start-up and commissioning
- Ability to effectively research issues which span multiple disciplines
- Excellent ability to present broad and detailed information to various sized groups through all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to be self-driven
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- Ability to work on the factory floor in a high paced manufacturing environment
- Positive attitude with ability to work a flexible schedule in a fast-paced, high-growth, and fast changing environment
- Understanding of financial tools and processes (e.g. budgeting and ROI analysis)
- Excellent MS Office skills
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott’s® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you:
Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.