Smartrend Supply Ltd., established in 2004, is a leading manufacturer of customer-specific components and assemblies for transportation and general industrial applications. In 2018, First Light Safety Products was created as a subsidiary of Smartrend Supply Ltd. First Light, an innovative and progressive organization, incorporates LED technology into essential safety indicators to improve the visibility of school buses, thus increasing the safety of drivers and passengers of buses and other motor vehicles. Both organizations share a 29,000 sq ft, state of the art manufacturing facility.
The Test Engineer is a methodical, detail oriented, and creative professional that will be responsible for creating and executing design verification, validation, and manufacturing test plans for in-house developed products. The successful candidate will be engaged in analysis, design and development of various test fixtures and test strategies for our various parts, components, assemblies, and products.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create product verification test plans, fixtures, setups, and procedures.
- Execute product verification test plans and generation of reports.
- Develop product production test procedures and fixtures.
- Interface with production personnel and management of production testing.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of in-house internal tools, databases, etc. to manage and track all testing related activities and data.
- Manage analysis of warranty, field returned, and production drop out products to determine failure modes/mechanisms and feed the results back to Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Interface with other Engineering staff on required test related features on new products in development.
- Interface with other Engineering staff on test fixture related design schematics and PCB layouts.
- Participate in initial and on-going design and technical reviews.
- Participate in customer quotation exercises to estimate engineering effort and schedule and produce project budgets.
- Collaborate with Engineering team on product design and production efforts to ensure that projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Participate in vendor qualification activities.
- Other Engineering activities, as directed and required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Education: BS Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of related engineering experience.
- Possess creativity for product development.
- Familiarity with mechanical systems is an asset.
- Computer knowledge and skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Solid Works or similar CAD software.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Project management skills is an asset.
- An energetic, diligent work ethic and able to work with little supervision.
- Strives in pressure situations.
- Able to travel within Canada, the USA, and internationally, as required.
- Must have valid driver’s licence.
Share with us your talent, drive, and entrepreneurial spirit and we will provide a creative and supportive environment, where valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth, job satisfaction, and an attractive total compensation program. We offer a benefits package to our employees including:
- Group Insurance Plan
- Paid Vacations
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering: 5 years (Required)