TPI is a recognized industry leader in composite materials design, testing and manufacturing. The company specializes in the fabrication of composite structures for the electronic transportation market.
Come join TPI to design and develop innovative composite transportation products. TPI has been leading the manufacturing of innovative composite vehicle structures for more than 5 decades. With the growing electric vehicle market, TPI has been leading the industry in providing to solve the complex problem of reducing weight and cost in transportation applications. This growing engineering team is productionizing these revolutionary changes: eliminating 300 pounds from a typical automotive body-in-white, cutting 7000 pounds from a transit bus body, or simply eliminating corrosion as a maintenance item.
As a Design Engineer you will be responsible for the day to day management of design and production support tasks, including 2D and 3D modeling and drawing, bill of materials creation and management, creation and auditing of production work instructions, and structural design and analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptual and detailed design of composite components and assemblies
- Generate solid and surface component and assembly CAD models
- Create and modify 2D drawings
- Compose and track bill of materials for production components
- Work as part of a team of design and manufacturing engineering staff
- Compose and track material specifications when required
- Create fabrication work instructions when required
- Ability to run finite element analyses primarily using layered shell elements
Generate finite element analysis reports
Education/ Skills/ Experience:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- B.S. degree in Mechanical or related engineering field required
- 3-5 years related experience required
- Experienced with composite part fabrication and assembly is required
- Hands-on composites manufacturing experience using hand layup, VARTM, compression molding, or RTM techniques
- Stress and displacement analysis skills by hand calculations and FE software
- Experienced using ANSYS 19 or similar established FE software package
- Experience with CATIA V5 Composite Design (CD3) preferred
- Experience with Solidworks 2018 or later a plus
- All Microsoft Office 365 software suite including MS Project Online
- Develop and execute a design-of-experiments
- Interface with outside test facilities and materials vendors
- Author technical reports and procedures
- Knowledge of advanced textile design and manufacturing
- Understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Great problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work on projects demanding fast production startups
- Familiarity with 5S, Kaizen, lean manufacturing techniques is a plus
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail
- Ability to maintain safe work environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.