Supports manager in effective and compliant administration of cost-effective benefit plans by providing in depth analysis of associated costs related to health and welfare benefits, the company’s wellness program, retirement programs and other SJI programs as required. Ensure that all information is handled with a high level of confidentiality.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or comparable study
Type of Experience Required:
- Minimum of three years of benefits administration and analysis experience, or proven aptitude and ability to perform substantially similar analytical functions.
- Equivalent experience in a related business, analytical position may be considered in lieu of direct benefits experience.
- General knowledge of state and federal Human Resource laws.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and organization skills, which provide the ability to interact effectively and professionally with individuals at all levels; both internal and external.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to proactively recommend opportunities for efficiency improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive working relationships with employees and plan representatives.
- Must be able to ask appropriate questions to uncover underlying issues.
- Proficient in Workday, Lawson, or other large scale ERP systems strongly preferred.
- HR Certification is a plus (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP)
- Utilize strong working knowledge of employee benefits to assist in the design, planning and administration of employee benefit programs.
- May assist with benefits portion of New Hire Orientation and employee onboarding.
- Troubleshoot employee benefit inquiries in partnership with third party health administrator, including utilization of the HR Service Now platform.
- In conjunction with HR Operations, coordinate the preparation, delivery and filing of governmental reporting and compliance requirements including ACA, 5500s and non-discrimination testing.
- Support the completion of benefit plan audits, including gathering and organizing comprehensive benefit plan information.
- Gather and analyze data for annual plan renewals, rate cases, labor negotiations and coverage changes.
- Assist in survey completion, as needed.
- Assist in project implementations for new benefit plans/programs as needed.
- Collaborate with HR Operations on the review and reconciliation of health and welfare benefit related invoices for payment processing.
- Perform regular system uploads for employee records relating to FSA, 401(k), and HSA
- Act as project/program lead for wellness initiatives including program design, vendor management, communications, event management, data, metrics and reporting.
- Organize the distribution of up to date documents to include SPDs, SARs, pension and 401k mailings to active, retired and former participants.
- Partners with HR Operations team to monitor automated processes and systems to troubleshoot problems with weekly Workday integrations.
- Serves as back up to the Leave of Absence Analyst and as such should be familiar with Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), New Jersey Family Leave Act (NJFLA), Short-Term Disability (STD), Long-Term Disability (LTD), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Worker's Compensation, Military leaves, and other State leaves.
Explore the Possibilities
If you're looking to make an impact, South Jersey Industries is the perfect place. For interns, college graduates, or experienced professionals, at South Jersey Industries we look for enthusiastic, talented professionals at every level of our enterprise. From call center representatives with excellent people skills to engineers with the vision and expertise to design tomorrow’s energy infrastructure, we know that our people fuel our success. We take pride in recruiting the best talent available for every facet of our business. Explore the possibilities. You'll be sure to find an opportunity that piques your interest.
We are committed to developing and implementing innovative projects that increase energy efficiency and save clients money
We provide an opportunity to build a successful and rewarding career in a variety of functional business areas
We foster individual talents and abilities while promoting the value of teamwork
Our culture prepares you for a lifetime of learning and professional development