Embedded Software Engineer
Park Assist makes parking garages simpler to navigate, safer, and greener. Our patented technology helps customers effortlessly find parking spaces, minimizing driving time and reducing carbon emissions. Parking operators use our tools to improve customer satisfaction, create new revenue opportunities, and enhance garage security. Over the past decade, we’ve become the industry’s technology leader with installations spanning 35 countries and counting.
Park Assist is part of the TKH Group (Euronext: TWEKA), a $1.6 billion publicly traded company headquartered in the Netherlands.
Our Love for Engineering Drives Our Vision for “Really Smart Parking.”
We geek out together on interesting problems, and they come in all forms: short-term, firefighting, and long-term vision. Working at a fast-growth company, we, in-turn, are a fast-paced, entrepreneurial group of engineers. Do you have an idea? You’re empowered to put it out there for the team to vet. You could see it come to fruition tomorrow. We aim to fail fast, learn from it, and get the best solutions for our customers as a result. Our camaraderie and mutual respect keep it all fun. Part of the team is housed in NYC. Others are distributed through the Americas. We value being able to move between projects for new challenges.
- Work are part of a team completing full cycle product development, from design specifications to final product release and interaction with customer
- Work closely with hardware engineers & contractors on new product development and debugging existing hardware
- Maintain embedded Linux system including kernel, BSP, boot loader
- Write and modify device drivers
- Various networking and protocols – Ethernet, SCCB, RS245, I2C, PCI
- Image and video processing in hardware and software
- Work closely with the Computer Vision team to implement new features
- Work closely with Support and Maintenance teams to address issues and roll out updates
- Assist Engineering team in developing and maintaining test tools for manufacturing and repair
- Participate in architectural design and discussions
- Take on projects as a team leader or within a team as needed
- Have worked in teams having brought products to market from concept to commercial offering
- Have architectural design experience within a team setting
- Deftly troubleshoot problems
- Love learning
- Value creativity and initiative
- Believe diversity of thought improves our outcomes
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)