Graf Mechanical Ltd. employs skilled Heavy Equipment & Welding Technicians in the largest Oil Sands Project in Canada, assisting with outages and general maintenance of equipment in several open pit mines. We are currently looking for a dedicated Heavy Equipment Technician who will be responsible for the troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of a variety of Shovels and other mining equipment, based out of Fort McMurray.
This position will work a rotating shift of 14 days on 7 days off. Housing accommodations are provided by Graf Mechanical Ltd. If you are a safety conscious team player, self-motivated, detail-oriented and possess your Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification with a valid driver’s license, submit a resume and join our team.
For positions that fall into the list of required positions within the Graf Mechanical Ltd. Background Check policy, qualified applicants who are offered, and accept, the role must complete a satisfactory pre-employment Background Check. This may consist of all or a combination of the following: Canadian Criminal Record check, an Employment Verification and/or an Education and Accreditation Verification.
For positions that fall into the list of required positions within the Graf Mechanical Ltd. Alcohol & Drug (A&D) policy, qualified applicants who are offered, and accept, a position must provide evidence of a satisfactory Alcohol & Drug test in accordance with the Company's Alcohol & Drug Policy. In order to be valid, the test must have been conducted at the direction of Graf Mechanical Ltd. Business Unit.
- Trouble shooting equipment and systems and performing repairs
- Working with the Project Supervisors/Engineers on various tasks
- Providing support with reference to on-site safety requirements
- Various related duties as required
- Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician Certification and Valid driver’s license with a successful recent drivers abstract
- Minimum 2 year experience as a Heavy Duty Technician
- Experience of mining equipment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Dedication to safety. A safety leader to help drive a strong safety culture
- Preference for advanced electrical troubleshooting skills
- Previous project planning skills including ability to deliver on the plan
· A keen eye for detail, presentation and craftsmanship in bucket rebuilds, repairs and refurbishments, dump bodies, blades, fabrication and other welding related duties on mining equipment
· Significant post-trade experience with heavy earth moving equipment
· Strong analytical skills with a solution focus
· Ability to work as part of a cohesive team
· Ability to work under minimum supervision and meet deadlines
· Ability to successfully maintain composure in a dynamic environment with frequent job priority changes
- This position is located in Fort McMurray, AB.
- Shift is a 14 on / 7 off, day/night rotation
- Accommodations will be provided
- Any future shift changes that may occur will be made in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement.
Graf Mechanical ltd. offers you the opportunity to become part of an organization that is substantially growing year over year.
Expected start date: 2021-05-19
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $27.00-$50.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Mechanical: 2 years (preferred)
- Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Drivers License (required)
- Journeyman (required)