Do you thrive in an environment that allows you to use your creativity and expertise to engineer packaging. Come and set your mark with Baker Interiors Group.
As a Packaging Engineer you will be responsible for design, implementation, and documentation of Baker Interiors Group packaging. Packaging will be created in-house and sourced from vendors for new and existing product. Will be responsible for leading cost-reduction and quality-improving activities pertaining to packaging. Continuous education and research of packaging technology will be pertinent to creating innovative ways to improve packaging methods and capabilities.
1. Design, document, and implement packaging for existing and new product.
2. Create and modify routings, bills of material, and master data
3. Support continuous improvement initiatives for quality and cost through material savings, labor efficiencies, supply chain improvement, damage reduction, and packaging innovation.
4. Create and maintain packaging standards for purchased goods packaged by third parties.
5. Manage and support packaging equipment used by Baker Interiors Furniture Company.
6. Manage relationships with key packaging vendors.
RELATIONSHIPS & CONTACTS
1. Reports to Direct of Manufacturing
2. Has no direct reports.
3. Directs actions of other personnel in support of projects and own responsibilities.
1. Frequent contact with supervisors and hourly employees, engineers.
2. Moderate contact with other departments, such as purchasing, plant management, scheduling, sourcing, quality and maintenance.
External Business Relationships:
1. As needed, contact with outside vendors and suppliers.
2. As appropriate, attend manufacturing trade shows and seminars to investigate new materials, products and processes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Package Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering from ABET accredited engineering program or four years of experience required.
- 0-4 years of experience in product and manufacturing engineering preferred.
- Direct work experience in lean manufacturing practices strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of 3D modeling applications with experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the materials used in packaging.
Baker Interiors Group. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.