Audio Engineer (HipHop & R&B)
E.M.P.I.R.E. Music Group LLC - Richmond, VA
Under general supervision provides recording engineering and technology expertise for studio as required. Operates digital and or analog recording equipment to record music, dialog, or sound effects of recording sessions. Oversees the maintenance of the music studio and associated equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up and records studio by recording sessions using digital audio editing, multimedia, and audio mastering hardware and software.
- Repairs and maintains audio equipment, including electronic recording studio facilities.
- Determines equipment needs and makes appropriate purchases; installs or supervises the installation of audio and recording equipment.
- Administers and monitors equipment; makes recommendations for adjustments as required.
- Remains current in multiple technical fields, including multimedia, computer-based training, video, electronic music, and other computer applications.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis. High school diploma or GED with 3 to 5 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to monitor and/or maintain quality control standards.
- Knowledge of system software Pro Tools, Cubase Pro 8.5 and computer hardware.
- Ability toby setup, calibrate and operate studio-recording equipment.
- Ability to utilize advanced audio recording, mastering and editing techniques.
- Ability to install, maintain and repair electronic recording studio equipment and facilities.
- Knowledge of procurement rules and regulations.
- High school or equivalent
Related keywords: audio engineer, audio, sound engineer, recording studio
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Company's Facebook page:
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place