Do you have experience working in a plant or warehouse? If you're looking for a long term career, job security, and doing an important job that keeps the economy moving, look no further. Petroleum Service Corporation is now hiring Rail Switch Operators. Come out to the rail yard and join PSC's team of responsible, hard working, dedicated Switchman who keep railcars moving safely in and out of the chemical plant.
Our employees are our #1 asset and we invest time and resources to train you and keep you safe. Our mission is to be the best at what we do - become a Rail Switch Operator today and gain new skills, a full time career and a team that you can call family. Are you ready to give it your best?
$18.25 /hr. - $23.50 /hr.. Opportunities to advance in pay progression after qualification period and through the performance evaluation process.
Dupont Schedule - 12 hour rotating shifts (days, nights, weekends, holidays)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Examines track list in order to determine which railcars are to be spotted, separated, loaded, and/or shipped
- Prepares, switches and builds outbound railcars for shipment
- Communicates with site leader and completes any other duties as assigned
- Based on the unit, a TWIC card may be required (enrollment receipt acceptable)
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a hair follicle drug screen, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
Physical Requirements:You must be able to:
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 50 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 50 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Walk 3-10 miles per day
- Stand 4-8 hours per day
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Support oneself on a ladder with two feet and one arm extended for up to five minutes
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.