Associate Engineer / Engineer
This is a technical position as an Associate Engineer or Engineer in the engineering department at a manufacturing facility in Redding, California. The position level will depend on education and experience level of the hired candidate. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a high technical aptitude.
To support operations of the Engineering department, the Associate Engineer or Engineer performs key duties including the creation and modification of engineering drawings and technical documentation under the supervision of the Engineering Director. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload. The position requires candidates to have the ability to organize the various tasks involved in completing projects.
Local candidates are preferred. No relocation assistance is available.
This job position is 100% on site with no remote/WFH available.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and editing engineering drawings
- Creating or modifying 3D CAD parts and assemblies
- Mechanical design of 3D CAD parts and assemblies
- Creating and modifying bills of materials
- Preparing and editing internal equipment documentation
- Preparing and editing equipment parts and user manuals, and on-site training materials
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-5 years of experience with CAD platforms (preferably SolidWorks) is required.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) is required.
- Basic mathematics including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions.
- Effective analytical, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work to make the most productive use of available time.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in an industrial manufacturing and industrial office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and reach as required.
- Ability to work extended hours sitting at a computer.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position based on-site at the Redding, California manufacturing facility. Typical hours are Monday – Friday, 8am to 4:30pm.
- $40,000 - $55,000 annually starting, depending on education and experience
- 100% employer paid health and dental insurance
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- College degree in engineering or a related field is required.
- 1-5 years CAD (preferably SolidWorks) experience required.
- Respond with resume and cover letter on Indeed
- Interviewing until position is filled
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- SolidWorks: 1 year (Preferred)