Designs and plans layout for such activities as machining, metal forming, plastics processing, welding and brazing, assembly, and materials handling. Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions. Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout. Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance. May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan. Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality. Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control and may develop those techniques. Provides guidance to Engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques. Ensure compliance with company programs procedures and applicable quality system regulations and standards.
- Develops expertise knowledge of all factors that make a process to support the response to highly technical questions and situations, to solve quality issues, to improve process, or to confirm reliability of products.
- Collaborates with technical experts, design, and other facilities for the process development of new devices. Supports equipment development efforts for new devices, and process improvements. These efforts may be the internal development of process equipment or coordination with an external equipment integration company.
- Supports process owners. This support might include daily support of production operations as well as leading reliability and yield improvement activities for new products while handed off to the process owners.
- Provides engineering support to the remote facilities, as required. Builds relationships with counterparts at the worldwide manufacturing facilities to support the virtual factory that has been established as well as Global Technology Teams.
- Supports worldwide standardization of processes and products.
- Incorporates Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing tools to support the critical initiatives of improving quality, reducing scrap, increasing yield, meeting ship commitments, and driving down cycle-time through the development of new processes. Applies Lean Sigma methodology to new process development activities, and process enhancements. Full understanding of all process intricacies to provide engineering knowledge for troubleshooting and root cause analysis and corrective actions
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of many tangible and intangible factors. Individual will be required at times to make complex technical recommendations on product quality and reliability to sustain business activities.
- Writes Process and Equipment Specifications when applicable.
- Supports Product Return organization in providing root cause analysis with process expertise to explain field failures caused by new process issues.
- Supports the coordination and guidance of integral analysis of the processes / technologies utilizing appropriate tools, acting supporting the technical expert. Complies with standardization of methods and processes with other sites.
- Collaborates with Technical Experts to implement new Product/ Process activities across the facilities following Technology Roadmaps and Design Engineering activities.
- Determines and puts in place Parameter Monitoring to understand the health and performance of the process.
- Performs other position related duties as assigned.
o Intermediate Level:
- Educational: Engineering or Science of Engineering or field related to previously mentioned background.
3+ Years with bachelor’s or 0 Years with master’s or 3+ years as engineering technician in a manufacturing environment with bachelor
o Time on Engineering Internship accounts as is.
- Exposure to engineering and manufacturing environment
Desired/ Preferred Qualifications:
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Relations
- Quality and Results Oriented
- Computer Literate
- Fluency speaking and writing in English and Spanish
- Continues Improvement
- Project Management
- Root Cause Analysis
- Technical Writing and Composition
- Experience in medical device, pharmaceutical, or electronic industry