Designs printed wiring board and industrial control products and equipment. Works with customers to develop product and application specifications. Ensures designs are in accordance with applicable codes and standards. Understands the business constraints and incorporates them into the design of the product.
- Develops electrical control products and equipment for industrial applications in accordance with applicable codes and standards.
- Develops electrical interface printed wiring board designs for the industrial control market.
- Designs are in compliance with applicable building and industry codes and standards.
- Designs wiring diagrams, layouts, bill of materials and other drawings as necessary for assembly and wiring of low voltage control equipment.
- Designs drawings for systems based on written or verbal descriptions from customers or quotations.
- Consults with customers, sales and department supervisor to resolve discrepancies in function of equipment requirements and to verify completeness and accuracy of design.
- Works closely with all departments within the organization to ensure that the drawings convey the correct information and are error free.
- Provides technical information concerning product application, wiring, troubleshooting and other related issues to customers and departments within the organization.
- Develops and implements processes that will improve productivity and reduce costs in the overall manufacturing process.
- Assists production department with implementation of new processes and quality assurance procedures.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with and conducts tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality, environmental and security regulations as well as Weidmuller policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as directed or assigned by management.
- **KEY SKILL: Key skills is control panel design to UL 508A, Class 1 Div to UL 12.12.01, Solid Works software**
- Experience with design and layout of printed wiring boards, predominantly utilizing thru-hole technology. Knowledge of IPC standards a plus.
- Thorough understanding of Programmable Logic Controls and their interface with field level devices.
- Needs strong background in electrical/mechanical design and drafting with ability to read and create drawings.
- Must be able to read, interpret, and use NEC, UL, CSA, standards and customer-supplied documentation.
- Must be able to interpret documents such as electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and capable of self-checking for completeness and accuracy of work produced.
- A strong background in CAD software and Microsoft Office programs is a must.
- Must have and maintain an understanding of current technology in the Industrial Controls Industry as related to job responsibilities.
- Must be a self-starter and able to contribute in design reviews.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must have strong oral communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills in order juggle several assignments at one time.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred from a strong Electrical Engineering university program.
Other technical degree and experience may be considered. Prior experience with Industrial control and interface products required. Previous printed wiring board layout and design experience is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
To keep employees safe, we have implemented safeguards in our warehouse- provide PPE, guards between stations, more shift breaks, etc.
- * Must be able to interpret documents such as electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- CAD: 3 years (Required)
- Industrial Control Panel: 3 years (Required)
- UL 508A: 2 years (Required)