Instrumentation and Controls Engineer:
BioSqueeze, Inc. is looking for a talented asset to add to the engineering design team who will be responsible for the development of our next generation controls systems for our field equipment and remote bioreactors. BioSqueeze is beginning the process of designing our next generations of semi-automated and remote-controlled field pumping equipment bioreactor systems. You will work hand-in-hand with our design engineers and software/network engineers to created functionality to remotely operate our equipment from anywhere in the world. Your job will also include the selection of controls hardware and how to best implement and integrate it our future architecture. As a key contributor you will work with our extended team to implement these systems.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Perform all functions related to the design of our controls, instrumentation and power systems related to our remote field pumping systems, bioreactors and other associated equipment. This includes:
· Logic creation.
· Design electrical layouts and schematic for control logic, I/O, VFD’s, Power (120 & 240 VAC 1-Phases and 480 VAC 3-Phase; 5-24 VDC) and connectivity to all instrumentation.
· Instrumentation and component selection.
· Systems integration.
· Program the software in the PLC selected to run the control system.
· Provide and receive design critiques/reviews (to and from) the design team.
· Troubleshoot software/hardware issues and provide quick solutions to field personnel when operations go awry.
· Ability to expand software revisions/versions across multiple hardware platforms
· Willingness to dive in and help the fabrication team build, integrate, and wire systems.
Qualifications & Skills:
· Experience with Instrumentation and Controls, including power design for mobile equipment
· Expertise with panel layout
o For controls I/O
o For VFD and motor control
o For power distribution
· Strong understanding of controls logic required to integrate to a large number of I/O, counters, power sources, digital and analog signaling, in partially and fully automated scenarios.
· Experience in the specification and selection of controls hardware including:
o PLC Hardware
o I/O modules including digital, analog, network, counters, sensors, etc.
o Power controls
· Capable of programming control systems in their native language (Ladder logic, etc.)
· Experience with the integration of electronic devices into a PLC based controls system (or the like)
· Strong experience with logic programming using ladder logic
· Experienced with selecting instrumentation components
· Understanding of software revision control.
· Must pass drug and alcohol screening. This will be an ongoing requirement of employment and includes marijuana/THC. Employee must agree to be randomly tested at any time for any reason.
Job Location: Butte, Montana
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location