Entry level position with the Global Strike and Product Support (GSPS) software development team working for US Strategic Command creating Web-based and Java mission systems supporting the Intelligence, Global Strike, and Nuclear Planning communities. The qualified candidate will be mentored by experienced software engineers and learn Agile methodologies, web development best practices, Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) design patterns, object-oriented design, and secure software techniques.
The qualified candidate will work within teams of 3-6 software engineers to create / improve software systems within the Integrated Strategic Planning and Analysis Network (ISPAN) Mission Planning and Application System (MPAS) system of systems which assists USSTRATCOM with the development of nuclear and conventional kinetic/non-kinetic strike options.
Responsibilities will include software development, unit testing, design, debugging, defect correction, support to team peer reviews, and interaction with systems engineers, architects, and end users to understand the mission and system requirements for software tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or MIS
Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Ability to develop Web or Java code in a team environment
- Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to obtain a security clearance
1) USSTRATCOM / DoD Experience
3) Experience with Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) or Spring Framework patterns
4) Experience with Object/Relational Mapping Framework (Hibernate / EclipseLink) or SQL
5) Experience with Web Services (REST / SOAP) or XML experience.
6) Experience with Object-Oriented Design.
7) Familiarity with development tooling Eclipse, Jenkins, Gradle, GIT, JUnit, JIRA
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College