American Cruise Lines, is seeking Captains for our growing fleet through unique itineraries along inland and costal waterways of the East Coast, Pacific Northwest, Columbia-Snake River and Mississippi-Ohio-Cumberland Rivers. Our U.S. flag shipsare state-of-the art designed for safe operation and five-star service to 100-200 guests.
Captains are the senior shipboard officers responsible for safe vessel operations, adherence to company and regulatory standards, and representing the company as a profssional leader and example. Our Captains are master mariners with piloting expereice in challenging coastal and river waterways. Our Captains are prudent decision-makers continuall assessing potential risk weeks, days and hours ahead of the vessel and crew.
American Cruise Lines offers competitive pay and benefits, along with comprehensive professional devlopment programs. Captains enjoy comfortable onboard stateroom accommodations and chef prepared meals. American Cruise Lines operates our own bridge simulator, enabling rigorous recurrent training and development focused on critical decision-making and advanced piloting skills. American Cruise Lines recruits and retains the best professional mariners in the industry.
- Safety and Security of the passengers, crew and vessel
- Safe vessel operations, adhering to company and regulatory standards
- Prudent vessel maneuvering, docking, undocking, and anchoring
- Comprehensive daily inspection of all vessel interior and exterior spaces
- Supervision and Development of Mates, Engineers, and Deckhands
- Oversight of Hotel Officers and Service Crew ensuring five-star guest service
- Captain hospitality greetings at the gangway, guest safety announcements, and special dinner events
- Administrative log keeping, reports, and communications
- Leadership of safe, secure, clean, and comfortable onboard environment for passengers and crew
- Typical March-November Season 4-6 weeks on : 2-3 weeks off
- U.S. Coast Guard Master’s license: minimum 100T, desired 1600T or greater
- Captain experience on coastal and river waterways: min 2yrs, desired 5yrs with Z-drive experience
- Excellent communication skills and team-building skills
- Pre-employment drug test and continual participation in random testing
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision plans available
- Matching 401(k) plan available
- World-class training in our own ship simulator facility
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Do you have Z-drive experience?
- U.S. Coast Guard Master’s license 100T or 1600T (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel: