SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
INVENTORY SPECIALIST - 2ND SHIFT (2:00 PM-12:30 AM)
The Inventory Specialist is an important role in our process and directly affects the supply chain process at our Rocket Development Facility in Texas. Located on a 4,500 acre site in central Texas, the Rocket Development Facility is responsible for testing hardware from development stages through acceptance for flight, and from component level to complete stage testing. This position will help to ensure that the inventory is correct and that our technicians and engineers have what they need in order to achieve our overall mission of sending humans to Mars.
- Receive, stock, and issue a wide variety of parts, materials, and hardware to support site operations via manual or by use of the VLM (Vertical Lift Module)
- Store parts and materials in bins, drawers, and racks, while identifying part and stored location
- Perform picking function to make up necessary kits of parts, material and hardware as required, ascertaining that all parts are available and accounted for in kit
- Maintain strict material handling practices in accordance with good procedures
- Assist with implementation of automation of parts issue process
- Monitor shelf-life storage and maintain proper rotation of stock
- Transact to company computer systems per procedures
- Perform routine cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy
- Verify all material received for conformity with accompanying paperwork, checking for damage, correct part numbers, quantity and revisions
- Perform good housekeeping, safety, and 5S practices in area
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
- Support organization goals/metrics/objectives
- Input daily activity sheet
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience in an inventory control, warehousing or supply chain position
- Associate or Bachelor's degree
- 1+ years of forklift operations experience
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems and functions
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to jump into ill-defined problems or processes and drive positive outcomes
- Self-starter attitude, energy, and the ability to communicate effectively across many cross-functional disciplines
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain
- Physical effort including standing, lifting, and carrying light to moderately heavy materials or equipment
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs unassisted
- Valid driver's license
- Must be available for overtime and weekends as the schedule varies depending on site operational needs; flexibility is required
- The regular hours for this position will be 2:00 PM- 12:30 AM Monday-Friday with rotating Saturday shifts
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here ( https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_kb_article_page&sys_id=24d528fddbfc930044f9ff621f961987 ).
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.