Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
Information Systems Technician
Information Systems Engineer
Provide front-line client support on hardware and software via phone, IM, email and face to face contact. Strong customer service skills to provide a single point of contact for clients to log, prioritize, track and resolve issues to client’s satisfaction. Troubleshoot computers, printers, scanners, networking devices, etc. ensuring smooth operation. Assist clients in recovering lost data. Install and upgrade new and existing hardware and software. Follow direction of System Administrators to troubleshoot and resolve systems issues and to implement new technologies.
- Answer help desk extension and respond first to help desk database requests
- First level of support at the desktop level for hardware and software problems.
- Deliver, install and upgrade hardware and software for clients on the Mountain and in town.
- Travel to non-lift accessed locations on the Mountain and to the Town of Jackson.
- Assist Engineers in troubleshooting the hardware and software support function.
- Perform additional administrative functions as requested or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic familiarity with computer hardware and software.
- Able to follow well-defined procedures.
- Creative ability to detect problems and employ the department's resources to solve them.
- Lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Strong intermediate skier able to safely move equipment to on mountain locations
- Valid driver’s license.
Education or Formal Training
- High School or equivalent
- CompTIA A+ or 2 years experience preferred
- Basic end user device capabilities – Windows 7 & 10 Enterprise, iOS.
Material & Equipment Directly Used
- Computer workstations, printers, network devices and the cables used to run them.
- Standard computer-related hand tools.
Working Environment / Physical Activities
- Office environment - outdoor activity required. Strong intermediate skier/snowboarder.
- Some department functions may require employees to work evenings, nights and early mornings.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.