The Quality Engineer is responsible for the identification and execution of all quality requirements for customer contracts and programs. He/she provides liaison between the Quality department, internal departments and customers and supports the Quality
Manager to ensure Aegis maintains ISO 9001 certification; conducts supplier and internal audits; supports customer audits.
The Quality Engineer also supports Aegis improvements by analyzing quality data to determine trends and generate corrective actions with SPC, 8D RCCA, and FEMA.
Position Requirements:1. Responsible for:
- Reviewing customer requests for proposals for quality requirements.
- Reviewing customer contracts and purchase orders for quality requirements.
- customer support for Quality matters to include on-site customer visits.
- ensuring test fixtures and methods meet customer specifications.
- internal Quality and warranty data review and corrective action management internally and sufficiency of SCARs from customers.
2. Procedure development for both first article and conformance testing.
3. Develop test plans for both mechanical and electrical inspections.
4. Provides technical support to inspection personnel.
5. Provides Quality support for Engineering and Operations.
6. Ensures Manufacturing receives required inspection support to meet Aegis needs.
7. Serves as Acting Quality Manager in their absence.
8. Prepare Customer First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR’s).
9. Performs Internal and Supplier Quality System Audits as required. Help suppliers solve quality related issues to ensure Aegis quality products.
10. Provides Quality Support to External Audits (Customer and ISO) as required.
11. Other duties as required.