Joining BBA means becoming a member of a tightly knit, highly engaged, client-oriented team. With offices across Canada, we work hard to develop leading-edge expertise and to design reliable, sustainable and innovative solutions every day.
While working in a stimulating and friendly environment, you’ll be given mandates that will encourage you to excel, both at the office and on site. As a result, you’ll acquire a deep understanding of industrial operational realities and be able to advance your career at top speed. You’ll also have opportunities to work closely with colleagues from Vancouver, Toronto, Montréal, Mont-Saint-Hilaire and Labrador City. Your achievements and efforts to help clients in remote areas with their success will be recognized and rewarded.
BBA offers all of this… and much more! By setting down roots in Labrador City, you’ll enjoy a rich social and community life and have access to a host of outdoor activities, like snowmobiling, camping, fishing and water sports.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists: http://www.linkedin.com/company/bba_2.
We’re waiting for you!
Job Description :
You will be exposed to various situations and develop technical skills related to pumping, dust collection and ventilation, for various industrial process applications, such as pumping water, waste and sludge, dewatering mines, cooling/heating systems and fuel pumping, wet and/or dry dust collection and ventilation.
More specifically, in joining our team, you’ll be asked to:
Work Schedule :
- Assume the role of project leader.
- Be responsible for business relations and the quality of professional services.
- Lead the preparation and help draft proposals.
- Share your technical knowledge with young engineers and technicians on the team to prepare the next generation of technical professionals.
- Participate in designing plans, specifications and details based on guidelines from a senior engineer.
- Lead and represent the field of expertise to various clients and stakeholders.
- Produce technical data sheets.
- Participate in the commissioning of systems.
- Support onsite construction work.
- Make recommendations on establishing standards and on practical applications.
- Assign tasks to less experienced engineers and technicians as well as support staff, and revise their work.
- Applies the firm’s health and safety policy and takes the necessary preventive or corrective measures to perform the work safely; becomes familiar with the firm’s prevention program; and applies specific job directives.
- Focused on service excellence
- Ability to maintain positive peer relationships
- Proactive, have initiative and hold creative problem-solving and analysis skills
- Strong ability to plan and organize
- Business acumen and entrepreneurship
- Good motivator
- Ability to adapt to changing contexts and situations
- Demonstrates commitment to health and safety
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Member of a Canadian professional regulatory body
- From 4 to 8 years of experience
- Experience in mechanical engineering in the industrial or mining sectors
- Solid knowledge of one or more of the following fields: pumping, piping, stress analysis, dust collection, conveyors and other mining process equipment
- Relevant field experience and proactivity in health and safety
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite and other applications, databases and interfaces
- Relevant experience in project management, cost estimates, drafting technical reports and troubleshooting
- Bilingual (English and French) both spoken and written
- Asset: ASP Construction card
- Asset: Experience with multidisciplinary work (civil, electrical and automation)
BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.