Commonwealth Construction Corporation is looking to add a reliable Project Manager to the growing team, responsible for leading multiple projects, primarily in the multi-family market. Project Manager will be accountable for effective execution of the construction phase on these projects, working alongside our internal development and design partners. Project Manager shall be headquartered at the Commonwealth corporate office in Fond Du Lac, with some periodic travel required as we operate in markets spanning across much of the United States. Remotely located Project Manager will be considered under the right circumstances and strength of candidate.
General Role & Responsibilities
- Oversee and direct construction projects from start of design through project completion & turnover.
- Relentlessly pursue and portray a commitment to safety for all those working on our projects.
- Work alongside preconstruction & estimating department, ensuring scope and price certainty to establish proper project budget – Execute project financial management accordingly.
- Lead project team in attaining an early understanding of project requirements and details to establish proper project schedule – Execute project schedule accordingly.
- Early engagement with trade partners to establish relationships in the communities we serve and ensure pricing/bid coverage.
- Point contact for internal customers (designers, developers, property managers), responsible for meeting and exceeding their expectations.
- General management of project team, including site supervisors, project engineers & coordinators.
- Scope, negotiate and contract with appropriate subcontractor and supplier trade partners.
- Ensure projects are executed in compliance with all building and safety regulations, quality standards and diversity/inclusion requirements.
- Prepare internal and external communications as it relates to job status
- Continuous look-ahead and foresight in planning to mitigate any risks and prevent emergence of issues.
- Proven working experience in construction management
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Familiarity with construction management software packages
- Ability to plan and continuously see the “big picture” – Manage risk accordingly.
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- BS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 4 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Preferred)
- This job requires traveling up to 70% of the time. Are you ok with this?