SUMMARY OF DUTIES FOR JUNIOR ESTIMATOR (Take-Off Technician):
Responsiblefor analyzing construction drawings in paper and electronic formats, reviewgeological soils reports, quantification of materials and related laborrequirements. This position is requiredto closely interact with the Estimators and project staff to assist with thetimely and accurate completion of each project estimate.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS ANDRESPONSIBILITIES FOR JUNIOR ESTIMATOR (Take-Off Tech):
Otherfunctions may be assigned.
· Accurately set-up project material quantities and related labor inMicrosoft excel.
· Update project takeoff per engineer issued addendums andclarifications
· Use AutoCAD and Agtek to acquire project excavation and othermaterial quantities.
(Companywill train candidates in this area of the job responsibilities, but experienceis preferred)
· Distribute project related information and takeoff to projectestimator and staff.
· Assist Project Estimator with the project scope review and preparationof project estimate.
· Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
SUPERVISORYRESPONSIBILITIES FOR JUNIOR ESTIMATOR (Take-Off Tech):
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR JUNIOR ESTIMATOR (Take-Off Tech):
To perform this job successfully, an individual mustbe able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listedbelow are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE FOR JUNIOR ESTIMATOR (Take-Off Tech):
- Working knowledge of Civil Construction (Excavation & Utilities)
- AgtekSoftware products
- Microsoft Office productsLANGUAGE SKILLS FOR JUNIOR ESTIMATOR (Take-Off Tech):
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, andmemos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively presentinformation in one-on-one and small group situations to Estimators and otheremployees of the organizationMATHEMATICAL SKILLS FOR JUNIOR ESTIMATOR (Take-Off Tech):
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using wholenumbers and decimalsREASONING ABILITY FOR JUNIOR ESTIMATOR (Take-Off Tech):
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnishedin written or oral form
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS FOR JUNIOR ESTIMATOR (Take-Off Tech):
- This job requires no certificates, licenses or registrations.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma