NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry.
Our valued client is seeking a Senior Corrosion Engineer, in Lloydminster, SK for a 1 year contract. Candidates must be local to the surrounding area or willing to relocate.
This position is responsible for providing corrosion engineering support for Lloydminster Cold Production for pipelines, treatment facilities and other assets related to upstream production. This is a senior position and requires delegation, supervision and authentication of work completed by junior team members as part of the role.
1. Corrosion monitoring and inspection
- Develop and maintain corrosion management strategies for pipeline and facility equipment
- Work with 3rd party vendors to review corrosion monitoring data and optimize systems
- Identify lessons learned and develop operating best practices to mitigate high-risk corrosion mechanisms
2. Corrosion evaluations and failure analyses
- Perform corrosion evaluations, conduct root-cause failure analyses
- Prepare reports and make recommendations to prevent future failures
- Working with third party vendors to conduct detailed analyses
3. Designing for corrosion control
- Review designs for new installations and facility improvements for corrosion issues
- Identify and recommend appropriate mitigation strategies to be incorporated in the designs
- Participate in Management of Change reviews for changes to facility equipment, processes or operational practices
4. Mentorship and supervision
Must Have Skills:
- Delegate, supervise, and review work being performed by junior team members
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance for junior team members
Nice To Have Skills:
- Degree in engineering (mechanical, materials or chemical preferred) or diploma from an accredited technical institution with a focus on corrosion sciences
- Internal Corrosion for Pipelines from NACE International or equivalent
- Licensed professional engineer or professional licensee (Engineering) in Alberta or Saskatchewan
- 8+ years of experience corrosion monitoring for upstream pipeline systems and facilities
- 8+ years of experience performing corrosion evaluations and failure analysis for oil and gas facility equipment
- 8+ years’ experience designing corrosion management plans
- 5-10 years of experience working in upstream or downstream oil and gas facilities or pipelines
- Working knowledge of internal & external corrosion mechanisms common to upstream oil & gas
- Working knowledge of direct and indirect corrosion monitoring methods including, visual, chemical, electronic and non-destructive techniques
- Working knowledge of corrosion mitigation techniques, including coating application, process control, chemical inhibition and electrochemical methods
- Ability to supervise, review and approve work of junior team members
- Familiar with oil & gas facility design, operation and maintenance
- Strong, effective communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities and tasks
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with operations personnel
- NACE Corrosion Technologist or NACE Internal Corrosion Technologist certification
- NACE Senior and Specialist-level certifications, or other relevant NACE certifications
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.