Matrix Design Group, Inc., (Matrix) an employee-owned planning, engineering and environmental consulting firm is seeking an Entry-level Water Resources Engineer to join our group in our Colorado Springs office. We are looking for a team member who is innovative, motivated and dedicated to providing a high level of service to our clients.
Our Water Resources Group serves a diverse set of clients, requiring tailored approaches and unique skillsets for creative solutions to complex issues. Our projects often range in variety, but water is always our primary focus.
Responsible for providing engineering support to department by assisting with parts of engineering projects. Discipline involves the application of fluid mechanics principles to problems dealing with the surface and subsurface drainage and hydrology, hydraulics, storm water quality, and regulations. Performs independent problem solving skills on projects.
- Work within defined scope, schedule and budget parameters of task assigned.
- Communicate as appropriate to project engineer and project team concerning questions, concerns, progress and results
- Support department and other disciplines and locations as necessary
- Support the development of construction plans, specifications, and construction cost estimates for water resources projects.
- Hydrology and Hydraulics Modeling and Analysis
- Stormwater Management Planning and Design
- Stream Restoration and Natural Channel Design
- Water Quality Studies and BMP Design including Low Impact Development
- Watershed Planning and Master Plan Preparation
- AutoCAD Civil 3D Drafting and Coordination with CAD Designers
- Construction Observation and Coordination with Construction Contractors
- Water/Wastewater Infrastructure Design
Education and Experience:
- Ability to take direction and work independently as well as effectively collaborate with teams.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Good technical writing skills
- Knowledgeable in standard CAD and water resources software products and ESRI GIS mapping software
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as collaborate with teams
- Passion to learn and assist in delivering quality projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Undergraduate from accredited program in civil, environmental or agricultural engineering. Applicants with degrees in hydrology, geology, or other applied environmental and earth sciences may be considered. (May 2020 graduates are encouraged to apply).
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certificate
- Valid driver's license, in conjunction with successfully passing the Company’s MVR.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.