Arup is a global engineering company with over 16,000 employees. The Americas region is a provider of multi-disciplinary solutions for urban and infrastructure sectors. It operates with 1,500 employees in the USA, Canada and Colombia and has projects across the Americas.
We have an energy infrastructure team focused engineering and advisory capability and are seeking to grow our energy business in the offshore wind market. Arup's energy team has experience in supply and demand side of the market, specifically in offshore structures, logistics, ports and harbors, advisory and electrical design. The US market is growing quickly, and we anticipate significant growth over the coming years. Arup has participated early in this market establishing key relationships with the major developers and stakeholders.
We seek a highly motivated and focused US Offshore Wind Leader. You will lead the development of the Arup offering in advisory and engineering services. The geographic focus would initially be on the East Coast of the US, but would expand to the West Coast as well as supporting the global offshore wind team.
This position will cover opportunities from North Carolina to Maine, with a focus on Boston and the New York/ New Jersey areas. The position will report into the Arup Boston Group Leader, while allowing for travel to support business activities.
The position offers the opportunity for a hardworking individual to develop a major national business over the medium term.
- Strategic business planning to advance a significant role for Arup in the market consistent with the firm's strategy
- Client development and lead generation with a focus on building customer relationships
- Marketing and presenting, in both written and verbal form, the firm's capability generally and for specific commissions
- Successful contract and commercial negotiations for new and repeat commissions
- Leading, planning and management of execution of those commissions
- Collaborating with others in the firm to meet shared objectives
- Building formal and informal client, collaborator and staff networks consistent with the business objectives
- Leading the delivery of the market operating plans for multi-annual growth in revenue, cashflow and profitability
The preferred candidate will have the following experience and capability:
- Offshore wind, energy or major marine/infrastructure project developments.
- Commercial and technical experience in offshore wind project planning, design and execution phases.
- Extensive understanding of offshore wind contracting strategies and project development cycles.
- Current knowledge of offshore wind energy technologies, developers, vendors, and equipment.
- 15 years' experience in major energy infrastructure projects, of which 10 years of industry experience in Offshore Wind.
The ideal candidate will have the following preferred qualifications:
- Engineering bachelor's degree in civil, marine, structural, electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Proven experience leading staff to achieve aggressive goals in energy products and services markets.
- Good interpersonal skills for a team-based working environment and client relationship development.
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment.
- Proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
- Able to perform a variety of tasks.
- Able to rely on experience and judgment to assess the extent of work, and then plan and accomplish goals.
- Able to travel to client operational cities and project locations.
- Sound understanding of commercial and financial issues.
- Excellent writing skills
- Good presentation and negotiation skills
- Be computer-literate on the Microsoft Office Suite.
- P.E. or PMP license or ability to obtain a license within a year of employment.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 10% 401k match, time off and profit share!
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow.