Seeking Controls Engineer to join our team
ENTEK will offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with the background and experience of the applicant
DESIRED CANDIDATE PROFILE
Controls Engineer designs, develops, and starts up industrial control systems used for controlling equipment, and machinery. Individual is responsible for the startup and dre-bugging of equipment at the Lebanon, Oregon site as well as in the field at customer job sites. Position requires from time to time this individual carry the company cell phone for after-hours call-in support.
- Write a complete project scope for each job before it is started.
- Discuss project(s) with supervisor and sales engineers to review functions of machines and equipment.
- Diagram logic systems for functions such as sequence and timing control.
- Design and program appropriate Human Machine Interface (HMI).
- Write original PLC code for Allen Bradley controls and document the code according to ENTEK standards.
- Review schematics with customer representatives to answer questions during installation of systems.
- Accurately document hours worked on all projects.
- Has the ability to use a multi meter to diagnose electrical and or wiring problems.
- Responsible for supervising contractors on-site at ENTEK's Lebanon, Oregon facility as well as off-site at customer facilities. Supervision responsibilities include budgetary, planning, and safety.
- Design controls for industrial plant monitoring systems.
- Design and create control P&IDs, loop diagrams, and electrical prints as required to meet ENTEK and customer specifications.
- Design and perform test procedures for complex systems to verify mechanical, electrical, and control functions prior to delivery to customers.
- I/O checkout both in-house and in the field.
- Review P&ID’s and interact with Engineering Department personnel and customers.
- Help lay out jobs for panel designers.
- Will be required to support the sales group by providing schedules, quotes, and technical information for current and potential customers.
- Travel to customer sites to start-up complex systems. Travel may be required up to 50% of the time, may include weekends and holidays, and may be scheduled at short notice.
- Carry the company cell phone for after-hours call-in support. When assigned the cell phone, individual must be available to be at the ENTEK office within one hour. The pager is rotated between all control’s employees. There is compensation pay policy for being paged, see policy.
- May be asked to lead individual phases of special projects or complete projects.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Follow Lean manufacturing utilizing tools such as Kaizens, 5S, RIE’s and other work area standards
- Represent ENTEK with the highest standard of professional conduct when interacting with suppliers and customers.
- Adopt ENTEK culture and core values.
- Reports to the Controls Engineer Manager and has no direct reports.
- Some domestic and international travel will be required.
- This position typically interacts with employees at all organization levels.
- It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Based in Lebanon, Oregon, ENTEK is a global company that produces and sells lead-acid separators, lithium-ion separators, extruders, and engineering services on six continents. With over 25 years of experience driving innovation in the industry, ENTEK combines best-in-class equipment with a relentless pursuit of continuous improvement, which is recognizable in its manufacturing facilities in the U.S., U.K., and Indonesia. Customers note the superiority of an ENTEK product and the commitment of the ENTEK team to operational excellence.
AAP/EEO Statement: ENTEK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Controls Engineering: 5 years (Required)