The Engineering Manager leads a team responsible for providing a smooth transition of new products from design to production readiness. This position is responsible for the development of new and transferred products, which encompasses; project estimation, tooling acquisition, dissection and application of quality requirements, construction of manufacturing plans & process routings and defining the necessary inspection processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
- Leads Engineering Department/Staff in defining manufacturing processes and procedures in the manufacturing of castings, including all FIRST ARTICLE projects
- Provide technical support for estimating and customer service
- Provides Manufacturing with timely process related technical support for cause and corrective action investigations, and overall process efficiency improvement
- Interviews suppliers and evaluates their facilities, products, materials and capabilities to support technical objectives.
- Monitors supplier progress to established schedules and develop suitable recovery plans as needed.
- Develop process/procedural techniques to continually improve production processes in regards to efficiency, quality, and conformance to specifications.
- Develop and comply with operating budgets for engineering, pattern design, gating and rigging and metallurgical lab departments
- Lead a team of Engineers, Supervisor & Engineering Coordinator to develop new products within quoted lead times and cost
- Ensure the team reaches production readiness criteria on all new products, by delivering part specific manufacturing plans that will guide manufacturing to produce castings at <5% scrap and within quoted labor standards
- Oversee the quality requirements are properly applied per the CPP QM system, and that the customer specifications will be met to prevent non-conformance escapes
- Conduct annual performance reviews for direct reports
- Ability to lead strategic customer communications via email and phone conferences
- Comply with all safety, DOT, HAZMAT and environmental policies and procedures
- Ability to work at the Pomona facility
- Work on/participate in special projects as needed or assigned by Management
- Meeting on-time production readiness per the quoted milestone
- Maintaining budget of each NPI project & layout department
- Comprehension of technical specifications (blueprints, contracts, customer & industry specifications/requirements)
- Knowledge of foundry processes, terminology and challenges
- In depth knowledge of aerospace customers (people, requirements, expectations)
- Knowledge of, and ability to work closely with Manufacturing, Quality, Pattern Shop and Layout. Networking skills!
- Proven problem solving skills with an open and creative approach to new methodologies
- Ability to facilitate and manage projects through team leadership and strategic customer communication
- Education: Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred but candidates with relevant experience will be considered for this position
- Required experience: 5+ years of prior experience in an Engineering/technical role required for this position along with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role
- Preferred experience: Previous experience in a technical role within a sand casting foundry is strongly preferred for this position
- Certifications/Licenses: None
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Attention to detail, ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), MS Project, FMEA process and the ability to work with others through complex situations
Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.:
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.::
It is the policy of CPP Corporation to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.: