- Undergraduate degree in engineering or related technical field
- 2+ years’ experience working in the tech industry and/or some type of operational environment
- Familiarity with databases (SQL), data analysis/statistical tools (Excel, R, Python/Pandas), and scripting language (Bash or Python)
- Experience analyzing and visualizing complex data sets
- Experience with Six Sigma or another process improvement methodology
- Strong written communication skills; ability to communicate complex system dynamics via clear and concise white papers for an executive-level audience
- Experience leading medium-scale projects by defining and tracking project plans with participants from a variety of functional areas (operations, engineering, finance, etc.)
- · Developing software tools and models to aid the operational improvement process, such as KPI monitoring, operational dashboards, web visualizations, and troubleshooting tools
- · Willingness to travel up to 40% domestically and internationally
Recently acquired byAmazon Robotics, Canvas Technology is using spatial AI to provide end-to-end autonomous delivery of goods. By using state-of-the-art cameras and other sensors, the system perceives its surroundings with unrivaled vision and fidelity. The system combines a mix of high-performance sensors with simultaneous localization and mapping software that builds and continuously updates maps in real-time, completely automatically. It has the capability to ‘see’ and identify different objects, people, vehicles, and places as it moves and react to moving people and vehicles in an intelligent way.
The Launch Performance Engineer is a new role at Canvas created specifically to deal with the complexity that accompanies launching new technology across the Amazon network. This role will help gather data, perform tests and optimize our products for the different environments we serve. The role is expected to wear multiple hats – data analyst, project engineer, systems engineer, field technician and customer advocate.
Launch Performance Engineers are the end-to-end system experts in how the Canvas system works. They work directly with Operations teams who use the system to define best practices to maximize output and productivity. They identify gaps in system behavior and use this knowledge to gather data from software and web tools to correctly categorize and describe issues and then drive long-term solutions into the product development roadmap.
A successful candidate is comfortable working under ambiguous circumstances on-site with both Canvas Field Technicians and site Operations teams to troubleshoot and optimize system behavior, settings and hardware configurations. Additionally; this role partners with Hardware and Software developers to define and test new functionality. They have experience with data extraction, manipulation, analysis and visualization and communication.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Masters degree in engineering or MBA is desirable
- 4+ years’ experience in Fulfillment, Manufacturing, Logistics or Consulting
- Project Management experience
#canvas #canvastech #canvastechnology