Reporting to the Project Engineer, the chosen candidate will manage the project as far as scheduing, resources, safety, and qualilty. The candidate will be assigned the responsibility of meeting project objectives such as budget and schedule. Also, the Project Engineer will manage sub-contractors from bid to execution. Projects will vary in size and location throughout the D.C., Maryland, and Northern Virginia area.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Understand the scope of work, including project drawings, and specifications.
- Bringing potential issues up ahead of time
- Issue RFI's and Submittals
- Participate in project related meetings
- Communicate on an ongoing basis with Superintendent and Project Engineer, providing information in a proactive manner wherever possible.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety concerns are addressed immediately in appropriate manner.
- Coordinate and manage sub-contractors through effective communication and scheduling.
- Resolve project deficiencies in a manner which is suitable to the client
- Maintain a professional relationship with employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
- Ensure to keep up with the internal system in place for the receiving, tracking, and inspection of purchases and materials, keeping daily records of labor, equipment, etc.
- Ensure thorough and complete records are maintained at all times.
- Lead safety toolbox meetings and uses of other various safety forms such as traffic plans, Job Hazard Analysis, Field Level Hazard Assessment, and Workplace Inspection.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings
- Willingness and ability to work over-time when necessary to deliver the project on time.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions for an extended period of time.
- Willingness and ease both of the field and in the office trailer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Current Driver's License with clean driving record
- Minimum of 3 years as a Field Engineer position in heavy civil construction
- Must have the appeal for challenges and construction in general
- Knowledge of main techniques such as excavation, form-work such as PERI/DOKA, concrete, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with Transportation and Infrastructure mainly in MD/VA/D.C. contract is considered and an asset.*
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to work under extreme weather conditions subject to extreme cold, heat, rain, snow and other inclement weather conditions.
- Performance of required duties will require the physical ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time subject to uneven construction work site terrain.
- The ability occasionally climb, stoop , bend, crouch, crawl and be able to safely distinguish between noise/volume levels associated with construction job site is vital to a safe job site work experience.
Salary and Benefits Offered: Technopref Industries Incorporation takes no short cuts in ensuring a safe work environment for it’s employees. Technopref offers a competitive salary starting and additional benefits including and not limited to healthcare, paid time off , 401K and ongoing professional training and development.
Location: D.C., Maryland, Northern Virginia area. This candidate will first start in Harford, Baltimore MD Location.
Travel: The projects will vary geographically depending on the company's work on hand. This candidate must be flexible, willing to travel and/or relocate based on the needs of the company.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction Jobsite: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)