This is advanced technical work involving the design and training of work methods and/or the design and procurement of equipment. Responsibilities may include any number of the following tasks: time study, work station design, writing instructions, procurement of equipment, design of equipment, F.M.E.A., D.F.M., D.F.A, Process flow development, justification of equipment or personnel, SLMS implementation, process or product improvement.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Under administrative direction and general supervision for the following major tasks:
- Time and effort study of hourly and salaried employees
- Analyze time study data, determine most efficient method, and develop standardized methodology
- Analyze work station and plant layout; make modifications required to minimize effort and improve efficiency
- Recommend changes in policy and procedures to improve effectiveness and efficiency of operations
- Develop and prepare reports and essential documentation required to support modifications and standards
- Assist corporate packaging engineer in the development of packaging to develop packs which will transport parts undamaged while maintaining cost effectiveness
- Work with product development teams (KBPD) to develop and launch new programs
- Develop and implement into manufacturing secondary machines, tooling, and fixtures working with various internal and external sources
- Develop initial set-up guidelines for process machinery
- Puts together justification for various process improvement projects
- Coordinates efforts of various internal and external contractors during project implementation
- Understands DEQ, MIOSHA, OSHA, and other regulatory agency requirements; monitors compliance and recommends improvement
- Understands problem solving methods such as 8-D
- Recommends part and tooling design changes to improve manufacturability
- Complies with environmental health and safety system
- Works with outside vendors to assist in the design and development of paint racks, hot stamping, and pad printing equipment.
Hands on knowledge of 6-axis Robots used to apply paint using HVLP (High Volume, Low Pressure).
- Hands on knowledge of two component and water based paint.
- Other tasks as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Engineering or related degree or 3 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Possesses the ability to gather and analyze information and make decisions from a limited number of choices.
- A minimum score of 26 on the Wonderlic Contemporary Cognitive Ability Test.
This position typically does not require any travel.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kalamazoo, MI: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
- "Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status)?"
Work Location: One location