H2B Group is a rapidly growing organization that runs several key business applications across different platforms. We are currently seeking an experienced developer with cross platform experience to assist in supporting and enhancing these applications.
The IBM i platform is utilized in several key systems, and this role will take a supporting role in coordinating development of those applications. Additionally, there are significant interfaces to other best-of-breed web applications via API that need support.
The role will interact directly with business users, vendors and customers and require good project skills and a professional demeanor. We work quickly and the successful candidate will be nimble and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where they will quickly see the results of their efforts. They will need to deal well with ambiguity and be comfortable driving change.
· A minimum of 3 years experience programming on IBM i
· Experience with RPG, RPGLE, SQLRPGLE and CL.
· Understand SDLC concepts on IBM i; Turnover experience a plus.
· A minimum of 3 years development with C# and SQL.
· Experience with REST web services experience
· ETL Experience and EDI mapping experience a plus
· A demonstrated proficiency in all business concepts, including hands on support experience for processes such as Order-to-Cash, Fulfillment (WMS) and Accounting (AP, AR, GL etc).
· Experience with IBM i operating system admin and system backups
· Manhattan Associates WMi (PkMS) experience a plus.
· Familiarity with reporting tools (Crystal Reports & Power BI)
· Excel and VBA
· SQL Server DBA experience a plus.
· SAP experience a plus
· Consumer Packaged Goods, Small Parcel Freight and eCommerce experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Gather requirements for new initiatives, document and carry the development life cycle through from DEV – QA – Production
· Understand core business, operational process flows, and related IT systems capabilities
· Follow IT project management methodology and perform IT administrative duties
· Build documentation such as business problem definitions, requirements documents, solution design specs, mapping specs, business process maps, and training documents
· Participate in maintenance responsibilities, such as production monitoring, file maintenance
· Coordinate tasks and projects with partner IT departments and business teams
· Build, present, confirm, and execute test plans; provide professional testing status updates to both internal and external customers
· Participate in test readiness reviews, participate in design reviews, and conduct audits of test programs
· Promote code from development and production following IT policies and procedures
· Collaborate with various business teams to improve efficiencies and speed of internal operations by improving process and/or system capabilities
· Recommend process and system enhancements based on analysis, experience, and intuition
· Conduct and present root cause analysis for repetitive issues or major issues.
· Understand core business, operational process flows, and related IT systems capabilities.
· Participate in on-call after hour support
Job Type: Full-time
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's Degree
· IBM i and RPG: 3+ years
· SQL: 3+ years
· Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving / troubleshooting skills
· Academic or professional experience in requirements analysis and design, or systems implementations
· Regularly required to sit or stand, and move about the facility
· Required to be able to read documents and computer screens.
· Location – Cranbury, NJ. Corporate Office
· Usual office / warehouse working conditions
· Occasional exposure to elements such as noise, dust, fumes, and odors will be required.
H2 Brands Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable employment laws. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
Company's Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place