KMB Design Group, LLC is seeking an experienced Electrical Designer to enhance our MEP Engineering division. Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in the design & production of Electrical drawings for building renovations and new building construction.
- Actively participates in many phases of electrical systems design for buildings (new and existing construction) including, but not limited to: site investigations; CAD production; design and contract documents; basic specifications; and the construction administration process.
- Responsible for those design tasks assigned, and for quality of work in developing final construction documents from established concept designs or Design Development drawings.
- Participates where requested in client interface and meetings.
- Ability to work within established budgets
- Heavy production load
- Ability to independently complete the following engineering tasks with minimal guidance:
- Design drafting of electrical construction documents using AutoCAD
- Electrical distribution design and single line preparation
- Lighting and power circuitry
- Lighting layouts, fixture specifications, schedules and calculations; lighting control
- Voltage calculations and conductor / raceway sizing
- Fire alarm design and layout
- Emergency and life safety systems design
- Energy code analysis (comcheck)
- Short Circuit calculations
- Medium voltage design and specifications
- Fault current and short circuit analysis utilizing ETAP is a plus, but not required.
- Utility coordination
- Code review
- Preparation of specifications
- 5 years’ experience in building electrical designs
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality construction documents working in a production and design role, achieving satisfaction from Senior staff.
- Strong AutoCAD skills and knowledge of software
- Computer proficiency, strong in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) as well as production related software (ETAP) and equipment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Work Location: One location