Kaiser Aluminum is looking for an experience Process Engineer / Metallurgist to join our Process Engineering team at our large rolling mill in beautiful Spokane, WA.
Relocation package is included. This position required relocation to the Spokane, WA area.
- BS in Material Science or Metallurgical Engineering required
- Between 2-10 years of experience with Flat-Rolled Aluminum products in the Aerospace industry highly desired
- Experience with casting, hot-rolling, or heat-treat processes desired
- Develop, plan, and implement process or product improvement projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Provide technical support to production, maintenance, engineering, and sales and marketing groups.
- Develop processes to maximize capacity utilization, minimize cost and provide and statistically sound product performance
- Document all work and write technical reports.
- Work in cross-functional teams to support plant business goals and objectives.
- Lead and/or contribute to continuous improvement and six sigma project teams
- Maintain manufacturing practices and procedures to optimize product quality/performance
- Support plant safety initiatives through active involvement in the safety process
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement