Advert Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes—from single-person startups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation. Sage is passionate about building a culture where our colleagues feel they can bring their whole selves to work. Where people know they’ll be judged on their performance and behaviours - not their identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Description Do you enjoy crafting technical solutions and working in a fun and collaborative team environment? You will be responsible for enhancing, delivering and supporting high quality services and systems to enable Sage’s business plans and long-term objectives using the identified architecture.
The talented Senior Software Engineer will design, develop and deliver high quality systems and services that exceed customers’ or business partners’ expectations and will proactively share their own knowledge for specific technical solutions and business processes in their area of responsibility.
Key Responsibilities Essentials:
- Start developing on your shiny new MacBook using containerized environments that are deployed into the cloud by Amazon Web Services.
- Enjoying the freedom to work on projects you choose on the last Friday of each month. Innovating or improving existing code or processes. It’s up to you!
- You’ll release software to thousands of users across 7 countries, and help us improve our Continual Deployment pipelines
- Continue your self-development – via dedicated learning days & attending conferences/meet-ups
- Actively writes codes, conducts code reviews, and unit testing
- Troubleshoot and fix software defects
- Contribute ideas to project estimation and planning
- Performs maintenance, support & enhancements of existing systems
- Partakes in agile processes, such as daily stand ups and sprint retro
- Minimum 5 - 7 years’ experience in SDLC
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, database and MVC
- Strong experience developing full web stack applications
- Nice to have experience with React JS, Ruby on Rails, Docker, AWS, MYSQL, Git
- Experience using Agile/Scrum development methodology is a plus
- An effective communicator, active and enthusiastic team player
- Ability to interpret and/or gather user requirements and translate these into technical specifications and solutions
- Excellent logical thinking with good problem-solving skills. Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Good knowledge of, and experience in, the principles of system design, implementation and support
- Good understanding of business processes
- Share responsibility for planning and delivering team activities
- Willing to adapt to significant changes in either technology or environment
- Interest in self-development including the maintenance of personal technical competence in all relevant areas
Why Sage Software Canada?
Join Sage Software Canada, the 2018 Region of the Year Winners!
Do you love where you work? WE do! Our beautiful Sage campuses are in the located the biggest high-tech cities in Canada! Our Richmond, BC, campus is only 20 mins away from downtown Vancouver and the Toronto campus (in the heart of the South Core Financial District) that displays spectacular views of Lake Ontario from our coffee bar and steps away from the Scotiabank Arena and CN tower. While there, you will work alongside talented colleagues who are passionate about solving client’s business problems.
We care about our colleagues, and we show it! Our comprehensive total rewards program which includes a competitive salary, extended health, dental, vision coverage, sales commissions / performance bonuses, on-going training and career opportunities, 21 days paid time off (PTO) to start, paid 5 days to volunteer, RRSP matching contributions, fitness allowance, tuition fee allowance, and so much more!
Bring your true self to work every day. We understand that our differences are what makes us a stronger company. Sage Software Canada is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with an ongoing commitment to Diversity and Inclusion. Providing a positive and accessible candidate experience throughout the hiring process is not just our goal, but our promise.
Please find a role that interests you, and if your skills are a good fit, one of our team will contact you for an interview. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, however, if you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.