As a Software Test Automation Engineer, you will architect, design, build, and maintain a powerful automation suite to support the scalable delivery of a high-producing continuous delivery software organization. You will collaborate with product owners, QA analysts, architects, developers, and site reliability engineers to create and maintain a comprehensive automated test infrastructure. You will design and build automation scripts, test harnesses, and feedback metrics to maintain an efficient and quality-driven development pipeline ensuring the delivery of high quality products.
As part of the CoConstruct CI/CD team of experts, you will evangelize the core tenets of continuous delivery such as visibility, feedback, and continuous deployment. You will work to knock down manual test activities and drive scale to the business through test automation, environment management, and developer testing best practices.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Experience with, and passion for continuous integration and continuous delivery tools such as Azure DevOps, TeamCity, Jenkins, Github Actions, and others.
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Strong capabilities in shell-scripting and other OS automation.
- Experience with mobile test automation tools such as Browserstack and Appium
- Working knowledge of Windows and Mac OSs, all major web browsers, and iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Understanding of version control, branching schemes, reverts, rebasing, etc. using Git.
- Experience in advising teams to identify automatable test cases at different layers (UI, API, Data). Ability to work with developers to build automation/performance friendly code.
- Prevent escaped defects, and ship software fast.
- Execute and improve production deployments.
- Collaborate with quality assurance, site reliability engineers, product, and development to create and maintain an automated test suite including UI, API, unit/component tests, and anything else that helps automate the quality control processes.
- Build self-healing test automation and validation infrastructure supporting multiple browsers, operating systems, and platforms.
- Stay abreast of industry-best tools, methods, and best practices related to both manual and automated testing.
- Participate in code reviews, test reviews, performance testing, and white-box inspections to ensure product quality.
- Build feedback mechanisms to provide automated code quality metrics.
We’re already the #1 rated company in our space and our customers love our system and our people. Recently voted locally as “The Best Place to Work in Charlottesville” we care as much about our people as our customers, and it shows! Whether it’s a pancake breakfast, a video game night, a 5k mud runs, or a happy hour, there’s time to enjoy the other people who are on the mission with you.
We’re also on a strong financial footing, with 12 years of organically-fueled growth and four years running on the Inc. Magazine list of fastest growing privately held companies in the US. But, there’s so much more we can do. And that’s why we need you to join our growing team!
CoConstruct’s core values appear in everything we do and everyone we hire:
- Look in the mirror first: We first look to ourselves to see what we can do (and not just say) to make a difference.
- Understand why: We constantly dig deeper and question the status quo in pursuit of a better way.
- Practice sympathetic straight-shooting: We don't sugar coat the truth, but we always tell it, with care -- even when it's not convenient.
- Pursue the customer's perspective: We make our customers' lives happier by looking at the world through their eyes -- and then taking action.
- Show personality: We allow our personalities to shine, so our customers love not just what we sell, but who we are.
- Boldly Innovate: We unapologetically question the status quo – then focus, experiment, and simplify to solve important problems.
CoConstruct is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability/handicap, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. The purpose of this document is to provide a general statement of the major responsibilities of this position and is not intended to describe all elements of the work that may be performed and should not serve as the sole criteria for personnel decisions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $66,670.00 - $142,830.00 per year
- Selenium: 1 year (Preferred)
- Test Automation: 1 year (Preferred)