Software Development Team Lead
The Software Development Team Lead is a hands-on software engineering leader that is responsible for managing the software team and technologies required to ensure the on-time delivery of quality software products.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Software Development, Verification/Validation and Maintenance functions for the company.
- Work with team leadership to determine priorities and create technical solutions and project timelines.
- Manage and organize all related analysis and programming activities.
- Design and develop software applications and application components in an agile environment.
- Integrate and implement custom created applications with commercial and open source software.
- Create high-quality software by conducting peer design/code reviews and developing automated test cases.
- Play a key role in the future of software products by working closely with internal teams to aid solution development.
- Leverage the latest technologies to solve complex problems.
- Build and implement scalable solutions by applying best practices in software development and V&V.
- Ensure high quality solutions by implementing unit tests, driving continuous integration/validation, and supporting the creation and design of performance, load, and user acceptance tests.
- Communicate and collaborate with key business stakeholders on application design, development status and roll-out success metrics.
- Build methods and tools to automate development activities.
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical field, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in software development; experience in medical device or related industry highly desired.
- Experience developing software in a commercial software product development environment.
- Knowledge of multiple languages/alternative frameworks and ability to learn new technologies as the need arises.
- Responsible for the software design and deployment
- Support development with relevant documentation in a regulated (FDA) environment
- Contribute to the overall software design of the instrument platform
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Leadership, negotiation, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Proven communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Experience with or knowledge of various commercial and conventional clinical microbiology systems as well as emerging technologies.
- Able to work in a high energy, fast-paced environment and flexibility to manage change.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Middleware Languages: 2 years (Preferred)
- Embedded Components / Development (electronics aptitude): 3 years (Required)
- Modern programming languages (Required: C++, C#): 3 years (Required)
- CUDA: 1 year (Preferred)
- Infrastructure automation technologies: 2 years (Required)
- Python: 1 year (Preferred)