The Quality Engineering Manager will be both an individual contributor and overall leader of quality initiatives to drive implementation of strategic quality initiatives, development of the quality organization, as well as the tactical manufacturing/product improvements necessary to attain product conformance and yield expectations for internal and external quality goals. This position will be responsible for identifying and driving to resolution the Quality improvement opportunities, identification of root cause and corrective actions, establishing and supporting a corporate-wide strategic quality initiatives focused on improved profitability, capacity and customer satisfaction.
The Quality Engineering Manager will also engage directly with customers to address quality excursions, supplier audit requests, and ensure overall corporate compliance to standard manufacturing quality standards.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
1. Own key quality metrics to assess factory and quality health and advertise to plant staff and senior management.
2. Identify and recommend areas of opportunity for quality improvements, project plans and corrective actions, and organize the appropriate team to drive the necessary improvements.
3. Improve/own the current Quality Plan for the company’s products including inspector training, metrology characterization, calibrations, data collection plans, and analysis. Implement routine internal audits to ensure corporate compliance.
4. Interface with customers and partners to understand quality issues, resolve quality complaints and address ongoing quality improvements that satisfy customer needs and demands. Additionally, respond to and coordinate any quality audits initiated from customers or internal requirements.
5. Participate and lead project teams utilizing Design of Experiments and statistical analysis approach to validate root cause hypothesis when appropriate.
6. Respond to external or supplier quality issues and facilitate corrective actions across departments and external vendors/customers as necessary.
7. Set strategic and tactical roadmap for quality function to align with Kevothermal strategic initiatives. This requires direct interaction with other Kevothermal staff to ensure priority / schedule alignment among team members, communication of schedules and priorities to management and able to tactically execute to published schedule.
8. Sets tangible and measurable cost improvement initiatives for product, materials and quality and can manage direct resources appropriately to achieve goals.
9. Work closely with internal teams and maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products, equipment and tooling/fixtures. Can prioritize and manage multiple improvement requests and align to Kevothermal operating plans.
Education and Experience:
Engineering degree (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Quality preferred).
Minimum of 10 years’ experience in quality & engineering systems system development, manufacturing environments and ISO certification (preferred).
Certified as a lean six-sigma Black Belt or equivalent work experience and results demonstrating Black Belt qualifications.
Highly preferred experience in controlled temperature packaging, thermal systems and design, and pharmaceutical and pharmaceutical related industries.
Familiarity with metrology development, metrology characterization (gauge R&R, MSA, calibrations) is highly desired.
Knowledgeable in statistical analysis software (JMP preferred).
Must be a good communicator and have computer skills.
On-site orientation and training will be provided
Must have the ability to work overtime and shift work.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
- Quality Engineer: 10 years (Preferred)