Visit proHNS.com/careers to read the entire description.
Are you an entry level civil engineer who is interested in a career path to becoming a licensed Professional Engineer? Do you desire an opportunity to become a key team member of a young, but rapidly growing firm? Are you willing to take on a wide range of projects, from utility construction to residential septic system design? If so, join proHNS LLC in our Juneau, Alaska office to perform a variety of challenging civil design and construction administration projects with special emphasis in municipal infrastructure development and rehabilitation.
This position will participate in a variety of interesting projects and hone your skills in site development, production of construction drawings and specifications, and design of utilities, site grading and government owned facilities. Most of our projects include all aspects of civil engineering design through onsite construction inspection and contract administration. As a bonus, you will have the opportunity for occasional travel within Alaska and to support projects being designed in remote areas. If you are seeking an engaging career and opportunity to grow as a well-rounded engineer, then please apply to join the proHNS Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs duties and responsibilities in accordance with proHNS policies & procedures.
- Coordinate with a team of engineers, inspectors, subconsultants, and other representatives.
- Perform engineering calculations in support of civil engineering design projects.
- Perform civil site, utility, storm water, transportation and construction engineering.
- Perform CAD drafting in support of engineering projects.
- Design and analyze projects using AutoCAD Civil 3D, EPANET, HEC-RAS and other programs.
- Conduct periodic site visits to construction sites to monitor quality and progress of the work.
- Draft project correspondence, technical specifications and engineering reports.
- Tabulate construction bid quantities from plans and specifications. Estimate construction costs.
- Consistently exercise discretion and judgment in all work tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or similar field.
- In lieu of bachelor’s degree, 2-year technical degree or associate’s degree in related field plus minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Ability to work seamlessly in a teamwork setting with staff working from locations outside of the position’s assigned office.
- Strong written and oral English skills necessary to communicate with clients, co-workers and contractors.
- Valid U.S. drivers’ license and good driving record.
Preferred Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D and other engineering software applications.
- Solid time management skills and ability to produce accurate, high-quality work in an efficient manner.
- Technical background in structural engineering, bridge design, fish passage & hydraulic design, water/wastewater facility design, transportation or construction engineering/management.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical journals. Ability to effectively present information to clients, co-workers, and the public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, overtime when needed, and attending after hour events such as local government public meetings. Position work schedule shall be based on actual work loads and employee preferred work schedule.
- Willingness and ability to perform site visits and construction inspection in a variety of outdoor settings and climate conditions.
- Ability to occasionally travel away from home for a few days to a few weeks at a time using commercial airline, smaller airplanes, helicopters, or boats.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage, overtime premium rate eligible.
- Eligible for annual performance bonuses.
- Paid personal leave.
- Employer provided relocation stipend.
- Employer paid training, certifications, and professional memberships.
- SIMPLE IRA retirement program with 2% Employer contribution.
- Employer paid lodging, per diem, and travel for work assignments outside of position location.
- Professional advancement opportunities available within the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 - $60.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location