Must take a personal and active approach to health, safety and environment and understand and follow all state, federal and company health, safety and environmental requirements applicable to the work area and tasks assigned.
Summary of Position:
The role of the Engineer I Mining will be to assist in the development and implementation of mine plans/designs which are economically viable and meet all environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Planning for mining activities such as dragline, truck/shovel or drill/blast.
- Project Coordinator, i.e., topsoil contractor.
- Tonnage & volumetric calculations and statistical reporting.
- Presentation and communication of Mine Plans.
Knowledge and Relevant Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering or related discipline.
- Mining experience preferred, i.e. internships, summer student programs.
- Registered Engineer in Training preferred.
- Good communication skills: written, oral and presentation formats.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment is essential.
- Ability to interface and communicate with operations personnel.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively under general supervision.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Design Software i.e. AutoCAD, SurvCAD, Vulcan, Mincom preferred.
- Runge Software experience preferred.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to continuously sit with frequent forward bending and rotation. The employee must frequently lift, carry and/or move up to 15 pounds; rarely to horizontally lift up to 34 pounds; and rarely lift, carry and/or move up to 50 pounds or swing up to 12 pounds. The employee is required to rarely push or pull up to 100 pounds of force. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms; occasionally use a right hand grip up to 30 pounds of force; and rarely use hand at an elevated level. The employee is required continuously stand with forward bending and frequently rotating; kneel; and frequently to walk; climb stairs; crouch; squat repetitively; and occasionally crawl. Rarely the employee is required to squat repetitively or reach up to 74”. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Working Environment: Works in office environment and site environment. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Working outdoors in all weather conditions; working in plant environment; working in shop environment; and working in the cab of equipment or vehicle.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently with or without accommodation. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. The above job profile reflects the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position and is not intended to be all encompassing. Other duties and responsibilities may be expected based on operational and departmental needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $115,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Gillette, WY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location