Watermark Residential is seeking a Civil Design Project Engineer to assist the design managers throughout all phases of the design/bid/contract process. The major objective of this position is to help oversee the site design of all Watermark projects; including but not limited to civil, landscape architecture and retaining wall design. As the Civil Design Project Engineer, you will take direction from the Design Managers and the Director of Preconstruction and will assist in all necessary activities to achieve successful projects.
- Review construction documents for completeness, constructability, and consistency with Watermark Design Standards
- Assist in plan review to ensure coordination between disciplines; including civil, structural, architectural, MEP, pool, retaining wall and landscape architecture
- Check for uniformity and compliance within the plans, including but not limited to: standard dimensions, detailing, building service leads, utility design and scope, grading and accessibility
- Assist design manager with coordination of dry utilities
- Help Maintain Watermark Design Guidelines Manual
- Help maintain project plan review checklist
- Filing and distribution of the construction documents
- Initiate and track plan revisions on current projects as well as projects in design
- Reviews project RFI’s, submittals and shop drawings for compliance to the contract documents
- Perform material quantity takeoffs
- Compile documents for permit submission
- Perform special projects assigned by design managers or directors of preconstruction
Why you should work with us:
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Acrobat Professional (AutoCAD preferred).
- 4-Year Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture, Civil Engineering, or Related Field preferred. 1-3 years of experience in a design firm is preferred.
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and assemblies.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in fast paced environment.
- Flexible to travel on several overnight trips.
At Thompson Thrift, we work to fulfill our mission daily 'to positively influence our team members and the community around us.' As a successful, 30+ year development and construction company, we are looking for team members who are inspired by our mission and share our core values of leadership, excellence and service. Our property management teams work in a fun, fast-paced work environment and have tremendous room for professional growth. Full time position with benefit package including health insurance, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, 401K and paid time off.
Are you ready to join our team?
We understand your time is valuable, and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that this position would be a great fit for you, please fill out our 3-minute mobile-friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!