Join our growing team! Oliver Companies, headquartered in Duluth, MN, is a leading property management company that has been operating since 1978. Through our history and strong values, we have become accomplished in hotel development and management. Our properties are located across the country and fly flags from Hilton, IHG, Choice, and Marriott.
We are currently seeking a Chief Engineer for the brand-new Hotel Indigo in Rochester, Minnesota. The Chief Engineer oversees all maintenance operations and team members while ensuring labor and quality standards are upheld. The Chief Engineer assists with establishing a positive work environment, delivering exceptional guest service and administering policies and procedures established by the company and the hotel brand.
- Maintain the functionality and safety of the facility including the physical buildings, mechanical equipment, electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, life safety systems, pool, and grounds according to federal, state and local regulations and OSHA
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical, plumbing, or mechanical malfunctions
- Verify completion of routine and preventative maintenance programs and necessary logs to maintain brand standards
- Identify patterns and trends to address problems before they materialize
- Visually assess the hotel structure, systems and equipment for safe and efficient operation
- Maintain property-wide preventive maintenance program and keep records up to date
- Ensure grounds are maintained to set standards
- Coordinate activities with third party vendors for property maintenance functions
- Previous hotel engineering experience including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, commercial kitchen and general building construction
- Previous supervisory experience
- Vocational training, certification and/or apprenticeship in one or more related areas
- Excellent communication skills
Job Type: Full-time