Firefly Photonics invites applicants for a research engineer focusing on research and development of mid-infrared (mid-IR) cascaded LED prototypes, LED arrays, and VCSEL arrays for the defense, industrial, medical, and consumer markets.
Activities may include:
· Micro- and nano-fabrication of mid-IR light sources using novel materials, geometries, and approaches (e.g., photonic crystals, metamaterials, plasmonics)
· Optoelectronics device testing (L-I-V, spectrally resolved device light emission)
· Epitaxial semiconductor growth
· Modelling of electrical and optical properties of nanostructures
· Development of product prototypes
· PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Material Science, Optics, or closely related field
· Background in semiconductor physics, optics, optoelectronics/photonics engineering, and/or compound semiconductor materials
· United States Citizen or Permanent Resident
· Strong publication and/or innovation record as evidenced by peer reviewed journal articles, conference proceedings, patents, or products
· Extensive experience with micro- and nano-fabrication techniques
The initial appointment is for one year with opportunity for renewal based on performance and continuation of funding.
About Firefly Photonics LLC:
Firefly Photonics LLC (www.fireflyphotonics.com) is a startup company focused on short-, mid-, and long-wave infrared light emitting diodes and lasers for applications such as thermal scene projection, gas and chemical sensing, and medical monitoring and is a spin off from research at the University of Iowa.
Firefly Photonics is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year