We are looking for GIS Application developers on top of GIS custom systems and data repositories who enjoy agile or iterative development to help transform our clients (who tend to be in Natural resource missions) legacy GIS toolsets into user-friendly, feature-rich web-based geospatial decision support and analysis tools. We need Application developers who like working beside both other competitive ninjas as well as client developers who are just ramping up (meaning, know when to keep your geek ego in check).
We'll need you to go a step further at times and play other hats for prototypes efforts via:
- Setup installation of GIS software such as ArcGIS, Spatial Accomplishment Data Loader (SADL) tool, auxiliary programs, CityWorks, ArcGIS.com (on-premise), GeoServer, app/web server environments
- Manipulate geospatial data in GIS environments above using geoprocessing tools, projection tools, vector editing and on screen digitizing. Creation of .mxd, .shp, .gdb, and .mdb file types.
- Work with Project manager and end-users on gathering application feedback, interacting on requirements
We do expect that you are not a hack programmer. The code should have appropriate refactoring concepts, documentation, notations, algorithm design, and software engineering built-in. At times, you'll work directly with and get domain guidance from our Architecture lead and report to our Chief Architect who have both been significant Government change agents for multiple decades. Both enjoy mentoring, collaboration, and making appropriate decisions and as quite familiar with these client strategies, tactics, protocols, and solutions that will be successful. Our client base enjoys the value these two bring, and have made repeated requests for support for them and their teams over the years.
Our goal for this interaction is not only quality assurance. Our application developers consistently over the years write us after they have 'graduated' and moved on saying "I would have never learned these skills if it wasn't for your architecture mentoring approaches". If you are looking to be invested in, can balance humility and excellence, you will truly enjoy working on our projects.
Opening expected: Summer:
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, GeoSciences or specific relevant subject area (Thought for non-government projects, we are open to Associates and additional 4 years of experience)
- 2 years of experience – Higher Compensation for 5 more years in related analytical work products and additional 2 more years in subject matter
- Could pass ad-hoc technical and whiteboard test given various either application design pattern challenges, root cause analysis, and demonstration of agile project patterns in patterns of large data visualization, application front-end design, and use case analysis scenarios
- Previous experience supporting scientific programs, preferably government related, in earth management and sciences including marine, atmospheric, hydrological, topographic, geological, renewable, or a myriad of dozens of other critical earth sciences.
- Must be able to rapidly context switch across subject matter, communication and architecture products, and stakeholder audiences.
- Experience with remote sensing, image processing, Geospatial data editing, and Web Service Architecture
- For Federal work, our work is traditionally unclassified, but will require certain amount of checks may be required – Given, must be able to pass basic NACI, background, drug and reference checks
- Travel will be maximum 20%
- We emphasize a balance of work and life and target 40-50 hour weeks with ample times to refresh with great paid-time off.
- Must be able to demonstrate fast, quality typing/coding as well as fast visual prototyping. Bonus: if can get hands-on in geospatial technology
- Demonstrate popular Programming language as noted
- Tool Experience in PowerPoint, Visio, Office Automation, ESRI, GeoServer, OGC, Metadata Standards, and preferably newer BigData, RDF and SEO technologies
- No Relocation Assistance, must be local
We review our requirements quarterly and this could change. We like to plan ahead in finding amazing talent.:
- We emphasize a balance of work and life and target 40-50 hour weeks with ample time to refresh with great paid-time off.
- Salary & Bonus Programs :- Competitive Salary. Multiple Recognition and Rewards Bonus Programs (Performance Bonus: plan reviewed twice annually - total ranging from 2-5% of salary and Business Development Bonus Plan, Employee Referral Bonus Plan, and Company Profit Sharing Plan).
- Paid Time off - (10) Paid Holidays, (10) Personal Time Off, and (5) Sick Leave
- Medical Insurance - Coverage for Major Medical and Surgical, Medical Health Care, Dependents’ Health Care with 100% of employee or 80% employee and 50% family. Options to enroll in Dental Insurance, Vision Discount Program, Prescription Discount Program, Group Term Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, and Professional insurance advisors to guide employees through these benefits as needed.
- Solid, managed retirement savings plan including - Multiple 401(k) funds with traditional and Roth options, Company paid fees, Company Match, Third-party Trust Management with personalized retirement portfolio web analysis tools.
We are a fast-growing data consulting and support services firm - focused on large data programs in data types such as geospatial, open, big, and IoT data. We have high profile clients and projects that our staff really delivery for, as well enjoy knowing they make a large difference.
Our President has a vision to continue to focus on solutions that transform the Next Generation. Using data integration, knowledge solutions, and amazing increases in computing to impact energy, geosciences, land management, we can bring quality and simplifications to existing and new data flow! Imaging being on a team that brings advanced concepts like high performance computing, AI, data science, fuzzy logic, changing interfaces human-computer points mobile or augmented reality and many more disruptions. This truly can put the I back in IT and GIS.... by concentrating on pragmatic knowledge-first data designs, leadership and management, and the all too forgotten focus on outreach and engagement strategies and solutions.
More can be found at careers.xentity.com: