Nikkiso Cryo, Inc., is one of the world’s foremost suppliers of submerged motor liquefied gas pumps. We offer unmatched reliability, quality and safety. As part of the Nikkiso Company global organization, our “original technologies” provide our customers with the confidence in knowing they are receiving the latest technology and the highest standards of engineering available.
We are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada and we offer a full range of submerged pumps for LNG, LPG, LEG, LN2, liquid propylene and many other liquefied gases. With design, production and test facilities in both the United States and Japan, sales offices in Las Vegas, Houston, London and Tokyo, Nikkiso Cryo offers prompt, total support for all of our customers worldwide. For more information please visit www.nikkisocryo.com.
Working within the Engineering department and reporting to the Director of Engineering. The Project Engineer II completes projects by planning, organizing and controlling all elements of the project. The Project Engineer supervises all development and implementation of a project and is actively involved in all project-related work.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise:
- Review customer specification and deviation for clarifying the project requirement
- Review project plans and proposals, develops project objectives
- Confer with document originators or engineering liaison personnel to resolve discrepancies and compiles required changes
- Assure integrity of Engineering BOM to ERP Shop Floor BOM as released and revised.
- Advise status of revisions and potential actions to maintain parts flow
- Studies product design, customer requirements performance standards, then determines project specifications.
- Interface with other departments to ensure internal and external customer requirements are met
- Ensure all documents are filed in a timely manner and filed correctly
- Release documents in accordance with department standards
- Maintain project integrity through compliance with industry regulations and best practices
- Travel between the NCI facility locations as required
- This list is not comprehensive and tasks not mentioned here may be required
Work Environmental and Physical Demands:
- Knowledge of document control/flow principles and processes
- Experience with 3D solid modeling
- Knowledge and experience with machine design
- Skilled in time management, prioritizing, and managing changing priorities
- Strong grammar skills with the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Ability to listen and understand customer needs
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to anticipate, identify, analyze, and resolve conflicts and problems
- Previous experience and success working in a dynamic and changing environment
- Exceptional analytical and mathematical skills
- Commitment to participating in professional development and continuing education opportunities
- In order to perform the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls
- Overtime may be necessary as the workload dictates. This may include week days, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. may be required
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to a Client's office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply. Travel potential is up to 25%, including international flights
- Candidates will be required to show a driving abstract with a clean driving history for travel between the NCI facility locations and client offices as required. A valid driver’s license is necessary
Environmental Safety Requirements
- New Employee Safety Training is required by all newly hired employees, including Safety Awareness
- All safety related training is provided and tracked by the Environmental Health & Safety Director
- Job specific training modules deemed necessary by employee’s Manager or Director will be required of all employees on an ongoing basis
Employees are required to wear Nikkiso provided PPE as/when needed. PPEs include, safety shoes, safety glasses, face shields, FR clothing, cryogenic gloves, cryogenic apron, cut resistant gloves, safety gloves, hearing protection, hard hats and dust masks. Failure to comply with Nikkiso Cryo safety requirements will result in disciplinary actions, up to and including termination.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to meet the work environmental and physical demands listed above.