Giant Cement Holding, Inc. is a proud producer of top quality Portland and masonry cements. Located in Harleyville, SC, Giant provides the materials for highways, bridges, & buildings.
Objective: The Process Manager is tasked with optimizing equipment performance including the raw mill, precalciner kiln with an extensive alternate fuels program and two finish mills (ball mills). He/she is responsible for the safe and efficient operations of all plant equipment while meeting MSHA, EPA, and SC DHEC safety and compliance standards as well as Giant Cement’s standard for quality.
Dimension: The Process Manager is responsible for the manufacturing of 900 k tons of clinker and cement (Portland Cement and Masonry) including reliability, fuel costs, quality and power consumption. He/she may have direct reports (Process Engineers) and must work effectively with control room operators and plant field technicians.
Nature and Scope of Position:
1. Organizational Framework
a. Reports to Plant Manager
b. Position is parallel to Production Manager, Maintenance Manager and Quality Manager.
2. Work Environment
a. Frequent contact/coordination will be required with:
i. Production Manager – to discuss problems and area performance
ii. Production Supervisors – to discuss equipment and control room operator performance
iii. Maintenance Department – to schedule preventative and corrective maintenance
iv. Quality Control Department – to discuss kiln performance with regard to clinker meeting quality specification
v. Giant Resource Recovery – to discuss issues related to waste fuel consumption and burn rates
b. Minimal travel is required with this position
c. Position is subject to shift work and cross training in other positions
a. Four year degree (Bachelor of Science in Engineering) preferred; equivalent relevant experience will be considered
b. Five to ten years of production, engineering, or supervisory experience in a continuous process industry is required
c. A history of leadership, cooperation, and positive communication is desired
i. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
ii. Must be able to write sufficiently to complete company records, logs and/or inspection forms
iii. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
iv. Must be capable of satisfactorily completing certification training as required by company for certain jobs
v. Ability to work within a team or independently as required
vi. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
e. Training will be provided in the following areas:
i. MSHA compliance
ii. RCRA compliance
iii. SAP systems
f. Position is both technical and administrative in nature
1. Understand and comply with all safety and environmental regulations (MSHA, EPA, SC DHEC, and Internal Policy). Identify and correct safety hazards; participate in regular safety training, safety topic meetings and task trainings. Cooperate with all external inspectors as necessary.
2. Identifying process instabilities at all steps in the manufacturing process, develop strategies for improved consistency and implement changes as necessary to achieve desired results.
3. Assess new opportunities from a Process perspective and support process modifications as required.
4. Manage all equipment activities to ensure equipment performance at rated capacity
5. Develop standard operating procedures and coordinate maintenance activities to ensure 92% equipment availability
6. Identify and correct issues that prevent waste fuel consumption at budgeted rates
7. Train production supervisors and control room operators to improve performance or implement new procedures
8. Investigate equipment stops and write root cause failure analyses and oversee the implementation of corrective actions that result from the analyses
9. Make technical recommendations in order to improve the yield or reduce the cost of clinker or cement manufacturing
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We are following all local, state, & federal guidelines.
- production, engineering, or supervisory: 5 years (Preferred)
- continuous process industry: 5 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location