Developing award-winning master planned communities, creating inspired lifestyles and building quality homes.
Minto Communities USA, based in Florida since 1978, has represented integrity, financial strength and enduring value to homeowners for over 40 years. Minto builds exceptional new homes and communities in popular resort locations to meet every lifestyle, with more than 26,000 new homes built in 48 communities. And now Minto is expanding to additional premier locations throughout the U.S. Minto is dedicated to continuous improvement in design, quality and customer experience.
The company has earned numerous awards for community and home design from the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), including
Best Community, Best Amenities, Best Lifestyle Program and many more. Also applauded and recognized as an expert in building active-adult
communities, Minto was named 55+ Builder of the Year by the NAHB.
These are just some of the elements that set Minto apart as an exceptional home builder and community developer, and have earned the
company consistently high ratings from Eliant Customer Service Surveys.
Minto builds better places for people to live, work and play. One home and one relationship at a time.
The Construction Superintendent is responsible for providing technical expertise in the management and oversight of new home construction projects in accordance with the Company’s standards and processes. Ensures adherence to construction schedules, safety programs, SWPPP, quality standards and budgetary planning. Acts as the liaison between the Company and its customers to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained throughout the construction process, 30 days after and to resolve any complaints. Develops partnerships to build positive rapport with trade partners, municipality inspectors, customers and Minto employees focusing on creating better places that inspire life.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Oversight and implementation of the Company's health and safety program and SWPPP and ensure adherence to safety standards at the work sites and identification of hazards through safety inspections.
- Responsible for ensuring accidents are properly investigated and promptly reported.
- Holds tool box talks with the trade partners monthly depending on their daily safety inspections.
- Interfaces with customers during construction and acts as liaison between the customer and the Company. May also handle Warranty follow up for 30 days and up to 365 days.
- Resolves discrepancies with customer by substituting products, altering construction plans and budgets in accordance with Company's standards, as well as the resolution of warranty claims during the first year.
- Responsible for assessing the need for variances in the budget and adjusting it where necessary.
- Evaluates construction progress and validates schedule progression.
- Determines when a project should be deemed completed before moving on the next phase of construction.
- Assesses product and design quality and makes decisions as to whether a project meets Minto's standards.
- Creates work orders where additional work or alterations are necessary and negotiates cost of same with vendors.
- Evaluates and assures compliance with local and state building codes and regulations and permitting requirements.
- Interprets blue prints and design plans.
- Manages and evaluates the performance of trade partners and assists with decision whether to continue the partnership.
- Performs daily quality assurance checks on trade partners’ daily tasks and progression at the worksite.
- Ensures scheduling is appropriate and manages trade partners work at proper times and intervals.
- Collaborates with trade partners throughout construction process and first year warranty to improve quality and efficiency.
- Makes recommendations to upper management on how to improve the customer experience and construction process.
- Works with management team to share feedback and improve project planning activities, including, but not limited to: vendor coaching and performance feedback.
- Interfaces with sales personnel to manage neighborhood and customer activities and referrals.
- Assists in resolving all issues/conflicts related to daily construction activities (e.g., vendor contracts, work orders, job progress, design).
- Authorizes payment for materials received and work completed and authority to approve payment if to Superintendent's 100% satisfaction.
- Estimates and authorizes the purchase of materials.
- Responsible for managing time deadlines and ensuring that homes are built on time and error-free.
Scope of Position
(Decision making, size of organization, budgetary etc.)
- Decision Impact: Division
- Department Responsibility: Single
- Budgetary Responsibility: Yes
- Indirect Reports: No
- Physical Requirements: Ability to walk the home site several times a day.
Management and Leadership (Mentor/Coach/Feedback – With/Without Direct Reports):
- Delegates work according to employee’s abilities and skills.
- Provides input into employee’s performance evaluations; opinions are given substantial weight in gauging subordinates' job performance.
- Assists in the identification of internal and external training opportunities.
- Provides continuous coaching with regard to functional and leadership standards (technical skills and behaviors).
- Sets high standards, establishes accountabilities and measures performance consistent with Minto’s values.
- Ensures all Minto staff and trades partners abide by OSHA regulations and Minto’s Health & Safety Policies.
- Other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, as requested by upper management.
Education: A high school diploma and/or equivalent is required, however, a bachelor’s degree is preferred. A 10 hour OSHA certification is required, however, a 30 hour OSHA certification is preferred.
Experience: A minimum of 2 years of experience working in the residential construction industry is desirable. A minimum of 6 months – 1 year of prior experience at the Assistant Superintendent level is required.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- **Must have single-family residential construction experience
- Management, people and team building skills.
- Track record of results working with and coaching vendors.
- Knowledge of building codes, municipal codes, permitting and regulations, construction management, construction-related software (Field Connect).
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to write and communicate effectively (listening, verbal and written), make correct decisions and delegate work effectively.
- Demonstrates professional interaction skills with customers.
- Knowledge of residential construction.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Works well under stress.
- Time Management.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Organizational skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location