Absolute Machine Tools, Inc., a leading and growing national importer/distributor of CNC machine tools and Wire EDM machines is currently searching for a Sales Engineer based out of our Livonia, MI office. Top compensation (with no ceiling on earnings), benefits, and company car provided.
This position requires successful sales management with the demonstrated ability to rapidly grow sales levels. Manufacturing and machine tool application experience is a plus. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated and willing to travel. The Sales Engineer’s primary focus will be to prospect and develop new accounts and new business at existing accounts. To do this, the candidate must be able to interact with engineering departments and be able to develop influential relationships with distributors and purchasing contacts. The successful candidate will exhibit strong communication skills, be able to multi-task and prioritize their workload, have strong negotiating skills, be a team player, and work with minimal supervision. Computer skill sets are to include but not be limited to Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and database software.
- Prospect and develop new customers within assigned territory. Develop new sales leads, quote customers, and provide technical support as required.
- Establish sales forecasts and secure sales orders according to goals.
- Tradeshow participation.
- Educate customers on products, proper application of products, and assist them with product selection.
- Assist customers with service requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related fields, or equivalent industry experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in outside sales required.
- Technical experience in CNC machine tools preferred.
- Willingness to travel to visit customers.
- Demonstrate ability to build strong business relationships.
- Ability to initiate sales contacts and complete sales contracts.
- Excellent human relations skills to prepare and deliver formal presentations to customers.
- Knowledge of computerized spreadsheets, e-mail, word processing and presentation programs.
- Ambition and professionalism a must.
Absolute Machine Tools, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, basic life insurance, and employer sponsored retirement plan.
Absolute Machine Tools, Inc. only employs those that are legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.'
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Sales Experience: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road