These are the qualities of our work—and of the people who do it. If these qualities are part of your life, too, you’ll want to explore a career at EKFox.
As part of our creative, can-do team, you’ll have the chance to realize your full potential through a wide range of challenging engineering assignments. You can take pride in helping us to design for future generations, working to enrich America’s security—at home and abroad—and spearheading exciting new directions in sustainability and energy efficiency.
EKFox is an experienced team of talented, motivated individuals who share a passion for solving problems and improving the built environment. We continue to strengthen our commitment to provide a work environment and culture that stimulates creativity, values integrity and encourages professional growth.
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our future:
· Act as the primary point of contact for electrical related project issues
· Complete project from start to finish without direction
· Conduct surveys of existing conditions
· Write technical reports
· Perform calculations, select equipment, and design systems (Lighting, Power, Fire Alarm, and Telcom/Data systems)
· Prepare project specifications
· Respond to Requests for Information during bidding and construction
· Review construction submittals
· Conduct and document Final Inspections
· Generate As-Built drawings
· Ensure all project work is completed on schedule and within budget
· Perform quality control reviews on all assigned projects as directed by the Department Head.
· College Degree (4 year, B.S in Engineering)
· Security Clearance
· Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Revit, AGI32 and SKM
· Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) - preferred
· 10+ years of experience in design and specification of: lighting systems, power systems, fire alarm systems, telcom/data systems, medium voltage power systems, UPS systems, emergency generator systems, grounding systems, and utility systems
· Extensive experience with renovation and new projects for commercial, government, and institutional clients
· Construction Document Technologists (CDT) certified by the Construction Specifications Institute
· LEED Accredited Professional certified by the U.S. Green Building’s Council (USGBC)
- Earn competitive pay, employer-paid medical benefits, time off, and 401(k).
- Experience a thorough orientation to all aspects of the company.
- Gain an opportunity to do what you do best everyday.
- Take on the opportunity to solve the most challenging design efforts, locally and globally.
- Utilize some of the latest technology in the industry.
- Have a life outside the office.
If you believe you are exceptional, there is a natural attraction to EKFox because:
- You are one of the most productive people you know.
- You think holistically about the engineering problem at hand and like to apply “what-if” scenarios.
- You understand and embrace the real meaning of being a team player.
- You are committed to getting a job done right the first time.
- You value ideas but relish in results.
- Problem-solving comes second-nature to you.
- You seek to understand then to be understood.
- A work-life balance is important to you.
- You want to work for a company that respects you first and challenges you second.
About EKFox Facilities Design Group:
EKFox provides comprehensive, innovative engineering services for the challenges of new construction, the complexities of renovation and the demands of highly secure environments. Our experience, professionalism, and attention to detail enable us to design and implement appropriate solutions for the unique needs of our clients anywhere in the world.
Located just outside Washington DC, E.K. Fox & Associates, Ltd.’s unique approach to consulting engineering services has generated positive results for thousands of commercial and government projects. From designing highly secure environments to blazing new trails in sustainability to coordinating extensive renovations overseas, we tackle the most complex scenarios with specialized expertise, resourceful planning and creativity.
Voted a Best Firm to Work for year over year, EKFox is an experienced team of talented, motivated individuals who share a passion for solving problems and improving the built environment. Our engineers work hard to stay at the top of our field by staying on the leading edge of building system design, techniques, and technologies. We continue to strengthen our commitment to provide a work environment and culture that stimulates creativity, values integrity and encourages professional growth.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
EKFox follows all federal, state, and county guidelines with respect to COVID-19.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chantilly, VA 20151: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location