Genesis Attachments, LLC
Machinist, 2nd Shift
Reporting to the Shop Supervisor, the Machinist will setup and operate conventional, special purpose, and numerical control machines and machining centers to fabricate parts per a blueprint by performing the listed duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances
- Measures, marks and scribes’ dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials on CNC vertical and horizontal milling machines and lathes.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify the accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers or others to resolve machining problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. Two (2) years of machine technology training; or two (2) years of related work or experience; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
3. Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
4. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, procedures, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.